Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by willow13 »

Olderama wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:40 pm
willow13 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:18 pm I'm gassing for the ability to pickup my new guitar when it arrives next week..so fingers crossed there is no lockdown like there was when my Bass arrived :mad:
Whatcha get ?
patients is a virtue :mrgreen:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

I wish I was allowed yup drop 10k on anything.

I'm gassing for a Lamborghini though.
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Mini Forklift wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:25 pm
jeremyb wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:58 am You guys are fucking nuts.
Actually, on the whole Rolex are great investment pieces. The value of them often goes up quickly (sounds odd but you'll often pay above RRP for a used one) and it should increase steadily over time

Spending $10k or more on a watch actually makes more sense than spending $10k on a guitar
Yeah I get the investment thing, I just think selling a guitar to fund something like that would not bring you anywhere as much joy as that guitar does :) Altho' I guess you could buy 3 of the guitars later on :lol:

I shouldn't be so judgey as I've just dropped $10k on two mountainbikes.. but I don't regret it at all, they're something that will get used and bring much joy, and probably only worth half what I paid for them already, lifes to short to worry about stuff like that :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

I am gassing for the two Ibanez that Sean Bodley just listed, blue floral Jem and a black Universe 7 with green pup covers.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:38 am I shouldn't be so judgey as I've just dropped $10k on two mountainbikes.. but I don't regret it at all, they're something that will get used and bring much joy, and probably only worth half what I paid for them already, lifes to short to worry about stuff like that :)
This... very much this...

A friend's sister was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago. She has gone for all kinds of treatment, including a trip to Mexico for something not yet approved/available here. She has had mastectomy too. That was that.. but last year they found a tumor in the back of her head. More chemo, radiation, the whole shebang. This past week her vision started going, and cognitive function started going downhill. MRI on Wed, saw the doctor yesterday, and it has pretty much spread to cover the whole top of her head. It took her over 24 hours to understand and digest what the doctor was saying because of reduced cognitive function.

She is married with 3 kids, and not even 30 yet...

Go buy a Rolex, if you can! Feck it, I'm buying a Kemper as soon as I can afford one!

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

codedog wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:13 pm
jeremyb wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:38 am I shouldn't be so judgey as I've just dropped $10k on two mountainbikes.. but I don't regret it at all, they're something that will get used and bring much joy, and probably only worth half what I paid for them already, lifes to short to worry about stuff like that :)
This... very much this...

A friend's sister was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago. She has gone for all kinds of treatment, including a trip to Mexico for something not yet approved/available here. She has had mastectomy too. That was that.. but last year they found a tumor in the back of her head. More chemo, radiation, the whole shebang. This past week her vision started going, and cognitive function started going downhill. MRI on Wed, saw the doctor yesterday, and it has pretty much spread to cover the whole top of her head. It took her over 24 hours to understand and digest what the doctor was saying because of reduced cognitive function.

She is married with 3 kids, and not even 30 yet...

Go buy a Rolex, if you can! Feck it, I'm buying a Kemper as soon as I can afford one!
What the faaaark :( when you hear stories like that it really makes you stand back and take stock of things a bit.
Loving it so far

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

StratMatt wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:25 pm What the faaaark :( when you hear stories like that it really makes you stand back and take stock of things a bit.
What the fark indeed. After she has had time to digest the news she recorded an update for us all. We just listened to it earlier today. OMG, what a pillar of strength. I cannot even begin to imagine what it's like for her. Her speech is also weirdly affected. For example, her wee son woke up crying at 5am this morning. She went to cuddle him and was about to ask "Would you like a glass of milk". What came out was "Would you like to go feed the ducks"! She burst out laughing, and was still giggling as she retold the story in her recording.

Keep an eye out and thoroughly enjoy the seemingly small, yet immensely important, stuff... don't sweat the truly insignificant, ineffectual, stuff. Easier said than done, but I'm determined to learn to do so myself.

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

Was just thinking today
Why do I spend most of my time worried about work and yet I've got much more to be concerned at home
Work isn't
Life is
Fuck work
Hurrah
Seriously fuck work
:mental:

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 2466 times

Post by Slowy »

codedog wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:42 pm
StratMatt wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:25 pm What the faaaark :( when you hear stories like that it really makes you stand back and take stock of things a bit.
What the fark indeed. After she has had time to digest the news she recorded an update for us all. We just listened to it earlier today. OMG, what a pillar of strength. I cannot even begin to imagine what it's like for her. Her speech is also weirdly affected. For example, her wee son woke up crying at 5am this morning. She went to cuddle him and was about to ask "Would you like a glass of milk". What came out was "Would you like to go feed the ducks"! She burst out laughing, and was still giggling as she retold the story in her recording.

Keep an eye out and thoroughly enjoy the seemingly small, yet immensely important, stuff... don't sweat the truly insignificant, ineffectual, stuff. Easier said than done, but I'm determined to learn to do so myself.
It's actually quite easy to learn; all you need is a terminal illness.
Never said the lessons were cheap.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Slowy wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:51 pm

I'd call that learning on the job. I'd rather go a more academic route myself... hopefully a luxury still affordable to me for quite a while yet.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

hamo wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:23 am I am gassing for the two Ibanez that Sean Bodley just listed, blue floral Jem and a black Universe 7 with green pup covers.
nah, sean bodley has tainted them ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

All this is why I drink so much. I probably don't have a terminal illness, but I'm drinking my way too one. I voted for euthanasia though, so at least I can end it all when I need too :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1309 times
Been liked: 867 times

Post by MikeC »

Bg wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:53 pm

All this is why I drink so much. I probably don't have a terminal illness, but I'm drinking my way too one. I voted for euthanasia though, so at least I can end it all when I need too :)
Euthanasia is good, why shouldn't you be able to chose when you've had enough. I voted "yes" too but I might have that drinking thing as well...
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

I think age does that. I ache and I hurt so I drink more than I should...

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

Bg wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:51 pm
hamo wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:23 am I am gassing for the two Ibanez that Sean Bodley just listed, blue floral Jem and a black Universe 7 with green pup covers.
nah, sean bodley has tainted them ;)
Reckon I could live with it :oops: