Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 946 times

Re: What are you gassing for?

Post by foal30 »

Diamond Bass Compressor (new model)

This Bass Pedal situation is a bit silly for a man of my age.
Genuine Old Frontier Gibberish

Chagas
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Chagas »

Hi live in West Auckland. I am looking for a guitar player (pref heavy metal) who can teach me to Chug. Any good samaritans?

Thanks
Xavier

JoeBlow
Gibson
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 207 times

Post by JoeBlow »

Soldano SLO100.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

I had a lovely few GAS-free months. However, Marshmallow has me pining for more low-powered tube amps, and some time with Strummers' Jazzmaster has made me offset-curious. So, thanks, guys.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

hercules
Squier
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by hercules »

DSM Humbolt Simplifier. Anyone here use one?

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

hercules wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:25 pm DSM Humbolt Simplifier. Anyone here use one?
I have stock of Simplifier version 2 en route from Chile. Worth waiting for.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

hercules wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:25 pm DSM Humbolt Simplifier. Anyone here use one?
Jops has had a few, I think because he liked them.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

hercules
Squier
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by hercules »

Conway wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:43 pm
I’m sure google could tell me, but what’s different?

Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 966 times

Post by Conway »

hercules wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:26 pm
Conway wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:43 pm
I’m sure google could tell me, but what’s different?
Mostly they've revoiced the preamp and power saturation stages to make more gain available and give better dynamics. Also added a reverb, which is the only digital part and it's on a side-chain, so the main circuit is still all analog.
GUITARS ROCK - www.guitarsrock.co.nz
TONE LOUNGE - www.tonelounge.co.nz

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Wow, amazing what a bit of AI can do these days
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Vince
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 186 times

Post by Vince »

I'm wondering if I should get an actual guitar amp. At the moment I am using a powered wedge and an IR pedal, with a TS9 to add some grit.
It's ok, but not as good as the times I've used a proper guitar amp.

The main problem is that I have a dodgy back so I don't enjoy carrying stuff around. I'd have to carry the wedge (part of our PA), my pedalboard AND an amp. I'm pretty much looking for a practice amp as they're easy enough to mic up. I see amps are starting to get a lot lighter but, playing baritone, I'd like a 12" speaker or at least two 10" so that cuts out many practice amps.

I'd like something Marshallish though that's a common sound in modelling amps so it doesn't have to have the badge. The thing I don't like about modelling amps is that they do a lot of the stuff on my pedalboard (chorus, reverb, etc) without doing ALL of it so I'd still need to carry the pedalboard around. Oh, and even if they did, I'd still need to go up to the amp and turn knobs and that, which is a pain as I sit down to play. I also don't need most of the models on modelling amps so I'd be looking for something with a valve preamp, a 12" speaker and not a lot of bells and whistles. Light, too, which means the transformer would probably be outside, on the wall wart. For about $500-something tops.

The search continues though I can't see much diff in playing through a wedge and playing through something really clean like a JC. But I do spend a lot of time looking at amp reviews.
"Vince, have you ever tried playing an expensive bass?" - Polarbear.
"And isn't that the finest acoustic bass guitar feedback solo you've ever heard?" - Billy Moose.

My Bandcamp Page
Facebook

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Vince wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:37 am I'm wondering if I should get an actual guitar amp. At the moment I am using a powered wedge and an IR pedal, with a TS9 to add some grit.

The main problem is that I have a dodgy back so I don't enjoy carrying stuff around. I'd have to carry the wedge (part of our PA), my pedalboard AND an amp. I'm pretty much looking for a practice amp as they're easy enough to mic up. I see amps are starting to get a lot lighter but, playing baritone, I'd like a 12" speaker or at least two 10" so that cuts out many practice amps.

I'd like something Marshallish though that's a common sound in modelling amps so it doesn't have to have the badge. The thing I don't like about modelling amps is that they do a lot of the stuff on my pedalboard (chorus, reverb, etc) without doing ALL of it so I'd still need to carry the pedalboard around. Oh, and even if they did, I'd still need to go up to the amp and turn knobs and that, which is a pain as I sit down to play. I also don't need most of the models on modelling amps so I'd be looking for something with a valve preamp, a 12" speaker and not a lot of bells and whistles. Light, too, which means the transformer would probably be outside, on the wall wart. For about $500-something tops.

The search continues though I can't see much diff in playing through a wedge and playing through something really clean like a JC. But I do spend a lot of time looking at amp reviews.
If weight is an issue, I'd suggest getting a separate head & cab...that makes both objects a much easier carry-in. How may watts do you need? Do you mic up the current cab?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Vince wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:37 am I'm wondering if I should get an actual guitar amp. At the moment I am using a powered wedge and an IR pedal, with a TS9 to add some grit.

Katana makes an awesome platform for pedals or hybrid with the inbuilt effects, you'd struggle to find anything better!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.