Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Gear Aquisition Syndrome is a serious disorder.... FX etc

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 667 times

Re: Forums have been slow, how about a 'In the mail' thread?

Post by rickenbackerkid »

Nice score!

I have played a couple of Furch-es, they were very, very, very good. tried a 12 stringer from the higher end of the line, it's intonation and harmonics were really outstanding.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1395 times
Been liked: 2137 times

Post by GrantB »

Joe Bonamassa Amos pickups. Not because I like Joe...but because dang, those Amos pickups sound great. Played a custom with some recently. Boom.
Nice little thing is, they're going into my Korina V (which is what Amos is).
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 870 times
Been liked: 743 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

NippleWrestler wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:50 am Got a Furch OM coming on Friday. I'm back in the UK for a funeral and was looking around for a smaller bodied acoustic and read up on Furch. It's a $3k guitar in NZ new but I found a lightly used one for $1400 here, cased and shipped. I've heard great things about the brand in general and here's a cool bonus: when I purchased the guitar I got another email from some Forest Alliance place saying I could plant 2 trees, so I planted 2 trees at a reserve in Tanzania.

Nice work, Furch. Will let you know how it goes.
Really nice guitars, great score.

hellblazer
Squier
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by hellblazer »

Apparently DHL have lifted their surcharge to Aus/NZ, I've got an order sitting with Andertons that hasn't been processed for over two weeks (lol), I should probably drop them a bell and see if that postage will be any cheaper....

RectifiedAmps
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 215 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by RectifiedAmps »

Wampler Faux Spring Reverb Mini incoming from ToneLounge, thanks to Conway. Looking forward to this one - I opted for an fx loop over spring reverb on my little diy combo and have been on the hunt for a suitable spring emulator in a small format ever since. Tried the Hydra and a Caverns v2 but I think this will fit the bill perfectly.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7930 times
Been liked: 4268 times

Post by jeremyb »

RectifiedAmps wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:24 am Wampler Faux Spring Reverb Mini incoming from ToneLounge, thanks to Conway. Looking forward to this one - I opted for an fx loop over spring reverb on my little diy combo and have been on the hunt for a suitable spring emulator in a small format ever since. Tried the Hydra and a Caverns v2 but I think this will fit the bill perfectly.
Nice choice! Do tell us more about the amp though!!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

RectifiedAmps
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 215 times
Been liked: 254 times

Post by RectifiedAmps »

jeremyb wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:36 am
RectifiedAmps wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:24 am Wampler Faux Spring Reverb Mini incoming from ToneLounge, thanks to Conway. Looking forward to this one - I opted for an fx loop over spring reverb on my little diy combo and have been on the hunt for a suitable spring emulator in a small format ever since. Tried the Hydra and a Caverns v2 but I think this will fit the bill perfectly.
Nice choice! Do tell us more about the amp though!!!
It’s something I started designing a couple years back, but only settled on a ‘final’ design about a year ago: single-ended EL84 with a 12AU7 and a 12AX7 in the preamp. Goes from clean to crunch and has a tube-buffered fx loop, volume, tone and master controls. Housed in a lovely pine cab built by Bg, currently paired with an Eminence RF10c. One of these days I’ll post some pics in the DIY - amps thread…

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 1091 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

The Furch arrived today.

Not sure what to think of it, it definitely has the feel of something that's been hung on the shop wall for ages, dry and scratchy. It's rather quiet too but as this is my first OM that might be totally normal.
1000031017.jpg
1000031017.jpg (357.14 KiB) Viewed 718 times
Is a nice understated looking thing though. Acoustics with bling should go right in the fire.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1129 times
Been liked: 1456 times

Post by robthemac »

NippleWrestler wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:43 am
Is a nice understated looking thing though. Acoustics with bling should go right in the fire.
**quietly hides a Taylor**
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

hercules
Squier
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 277 times

Post by hercules »

The first of several extraneous fuzz options heading my way:
IMG_8354.jpeg
IMG_8354.jpeg (445.02 KiB) Viewed 682 times

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

hercules wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:01 am The first of several extraneous fuzz options heading my way:

IMG_8354.jpeg
Oh hell yes, this is their harmonic percolator eh? I built one years ago but always wished I’d got a more gainy tranny for it, interested to hear how this goes! Will you be using it on bass?
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

NippleWrestler wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:43 am The Furch arrived today.

Not sure what to think of it, it definitely has the feel of something that's been hung on the shop wall for ages, dry and scratchy. It's rather quiet too but as this is my first OM that might be totally normal.

1000031017.jpg

OM's and the like do tend to be quite when compared to a big old dread or jumbo. Might get a little louder as it get broken in, too.

hercules
Squier
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 277 times

Post by hercules »

jeremyb wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:19 am
hercules wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:01 am The first of several extraneous fuzz options heading my way:

IMG_8354.jpeg
Oh hell yes, this is their harmonic percolator eh? I built one years ago but always wished I’d got a more gainy tranny for it, interested to hear how this goes! Will you be using it on bass?
That’s the one. It’s destined for guitar but I have at least one other option on the way because I still haven’t QUITE found the tone I’m after. The Tone Bender that Reg built me is perfect for most things, but I just want one that is really more of an “effect”.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

hercules wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:25 pm
jeremyb wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:19 am

IMG_8354.jpeg
That’s the one. It’s destined for guitar but I have at least one other option on the way because I still haven’t QUITE found the tone I’m after. The Tone Bender that Reg built me is perfect for most things, but I just want one that is really more of an “effect”.
The intro to Big Blacks Kerosene is always my go to for showing off a HP :-)

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 279 times
Been liked: 385 times

Post by Dharmajester »

One of these on the way. Will be eye wateringly expensive by the time it lands but hey life's short so wtf.....

Bit baffled by the Beach Boys association though :crazy:
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson