Brutal elimination 3 way?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Re: Brutal elimination 3 way?

Post by chur »

Mr Davison wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:51 am
chur wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:38 am Matching PG guitars? Very cool, but was there a reason for two, outside of.. just cause ya can?
Got the second one cheap. Needed another guitar at the time for a different tuning in a live situation. Found it really comfortable being able to switch to a guitar that was instantly familiar during a set. They're very good guitars; light, resonant & play effortlessly.
Nice, I like the older PG guitars. The new ones, not so much.
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

Optical
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 142 times

Post by Optical »

Good times.
FYI the 1987 and 800 will be out of phase, not sure about the other one.

wavesofffear
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by wavesofffear »

higainer wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:58 pm Without going down the Ampete route, I’m wondering if you’ be able to do the three head thing by adding a Headbone to one of the cabs with two heads on it.
Then use the Lehle to switch to the 3rd head on the 2nd cab.
Not sure if that would introduce phase/noise issues?
Depends what the goal is. If it's for a direct comparison between heads, the pedantic answer is that the different cabs will still colour the results, even if the same model/speakers.

You appreciate that when you close mic a 4x12, and every speaker sounds different - sometimes dramatically so!

There's also the factor of where the cabs are, relative to your listening position...

Mr Davison
Squier
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Mr Davison »

Optical wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:17 am Good times.
FYI the 1987 and 800 will be out of phase, not sure about the other one.
Was fun but certainly not scientifically accurate or a true representation of each amp unfortunately.
Have spent the last 2 hours conducting more accurate testing with a quality ABY pedal (isolated outputs, ground lift & phase reversal switches) & just 2 amps at a time with matched cabinets. Have also introduced a fourth amp to the equation. All amps sounding as they would if you were to just have the single isolated rig set up.
I have a clear favorite which was the amp newly introduced to the equation, the Splawn Competition. It just sounds & feels better to me. Decisions have been made!
Sonic mayhem unleashed