Valuation resources

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Re: Valuation resources

Post by GrantB »

jimi wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:24 pm a lot of belt tightening going on at the moment, not the best time to be trying to get top dollar for anything.

Wouldn't want to be trying to sell a house right now or anything crazy like that....
My dealers say “hold”….
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

wavesofffear
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by wavesofffear »

That 2204 is very clean. Are you sure you want to sell it?

Pricing on that era of Marshall seems to vary widely by location. You'll see 2204s on UK Ebay/Gumtree that don't move at or just above £1k, and American sellers on Reverb asking US$2.5k and getting that or thereabouts.

'77 is still the Rose-Morris period so this sort of makes sense - 2204s were simply more available/less exotic in Britain. And the sale prices aren't high enough that international shipping/customs fees become relatively immaterial (see plexi era and earlier), so global prices become relatively uniform.

How all this affects the tiny and inefficient NZ market... no idea.

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by matman »

Reinhardt used to get a lot of love on the Gear Page - maybe ask on there (though that would only get you a feel for the US market)?
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

wavesofffear
Stagg
Stagg

Post by wavesofffear »

matman wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:10 pm Reinhardt used to get a lot of love on the Gear Page - maybe ask on there (though that would only get you a feel for the US market)?
Selling boutique stuff is tough. I imagine the liquidity for Reinhardts in the US is similar to the liquidity for vintage Marshalls here, or worse (Reverb only shows me one sold listing for the Ampzilla, and that was 8 years ago!)

Your best bet might be to list on TGP Emporium and price in international shipping. I sold a Germino a few years ago and was surprised how quickly it sold (granted I was in the US).

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 376 times

Post by Dharmajester »

wavesofffear wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:32 am
matman wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:10 pm Reinhardt used to get a lot of love on the Gear Page - maybe ask on there (though that would only get you a feel for the US market)?
Selling boutique stuff is tough. I imagine the liquidity for Reinhardts in the US is similar to the liquidity for vintage Marshalls here, or worse (Reverb only shows me one sold listing for the Ampzilla, and that was 8 years ago!)

Your best bet might be to list on TGP Emporium and price in international shipping. I sold a Germino a few years ago and was surprised how quickly it sold (granted I was in the US).
I had a few phone conversations with Bob Reinhardt which ended up with me getting a head built and shipped over via Ryan at Custom Audio. Ryan brought a few others over too. Mr D's Ampzilla being one I suspect. i remember when doing my Reinhardt research at the time that most of the TGP folk who had owned an Ampzilla had moved them on ( usually regrettably ) due to the very high volume they required to get into their sweet spot ( no spiffy attenuators back then ). I'd be interested in giving it a go though if it ever goes on the block ( almost deaf already )
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

Mr Davison
Squier
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Mr Davison »

Would like to say a big THANK YOU to anyone & everyone that chipped in with advice, it was all appreciated.
Having had the amps for a while & the scarcity of these amps in NZ had me unsure of their value. Through my own assumptions, research & the forums valuable input I came up with two pricings for each amp. The two prices were a forum price & a tm price. The forum price was what the amp owed me, simply getting back what I had paid + the cost of each amps initial service & rectification back to original (if or as required). The tm price was not just adding tm fees, if I had of listed on tm I would have looked to make a bit of extra money because my limited research showed they were worth more & selling for more than what I paid years ago (possibly/probably). Planned to give them a couple of weeks on the forum marketplace & if not sold would have listed on tm. Everything sold on forum (thanks Bg).
I ended up selling my Ampzilla & Marshall 1987 model & I personally believe the new owners got a good deal & I lost no money while being the guardian of these treasures! I'm happy with that.
Sonic mayhem unleashed

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 376 times

Post by Dharmajester »

Mr Davison wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:36 pm I ended up selling my Ampzilla & Marshall 1987 model & I personally believe the new owners got a good deal & I lost no money while being the guardian of these treasures! I'm happy with that.
Bugger, listed and sold in the time I spent out the house taking the dog for a walk :crazy:
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

wavesofffear
Stagg
Stagg

Post by wavesofffear »

Mr Davison wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:36 pm Would like to say a big THANK YOU to anyone & everyone that chipped in with advice, it was all appreciated.
Having had the amps for a while & the scarcity of these amps in NZ had me unsure of their value. Through my own assumptions, research & the forums valuable input I came up with two pricings for each amp. The two prices were a forum price & a tm price. The forum price was what the amp owed me, simply getting back what I had paid + the cost of each amps initial service & rectification back to original (if or as required). The tm price was not just adding tm fees, if I had of listed on tm I would have looked to make a bit of extra money because my limited research showed they were worth more & selling for more than what I paid years ago (possibly/probably). Planned to give them a couple of weeks on the forum marketplace & if not sold would have listed on tm. Everything sold on forum (thanks Bg).
I ended up selling my Ampzilla & Marshall 1987 model & I personally believe the new owners got a good deal & I lost no money while being the guardian of these treasures! I'm happy with that.
Congratulations, that sounds like an ideal outcome!