Take me to stereo town! Wanted: stereo delay

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 807 times
Been liked: 1294 times

Re: Take me to stereo town! Wanted: stereo delay

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Jops wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:00 am Timeline on TM for 450 atm. They are a no sales Andy though...
SpongeBob Scam-pants

Jops
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Jops »

Lol yeah got the email! No sales Andy strikes again.

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 752 times
Been liked: 252 times

Post by Miza »

StrummersOfThunder wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:31 am
Cdog wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:26 am Kris has a TC AlterEgo X4 for sale... Think they're stereo?
once agian i'm not convinced that this falls into the same effect as the volante in terms of 'true stereo ' panning in terms of devoted sends to left and right? Rob can probably explain this better.
Still it looks like a great pedal to start off with and ill likely flick kris a message
I think this is correct. I tried mine yesterday in stereo just to confirm. Flicked through all the delay types, and aside from ping pong, the rest don't have and actual stereo movement. So its effectively a dual mono delay + ping pong. Still a great pedal though.
Nothing to see here.

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Miza »

Oh, and you have to download the ping pong setting from the toneprint app. I haven't checked to see if they offer any other stereo toneprints in the app.
Nothing to see here.

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 596 times

Post by Starfire »

https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrum ... 498585.htm

Another Volante on TM. Cheap at start price.

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Miza »

Miza wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:25 am
Cdog wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:26 am Kris has a TC AlterEgo X4 for sale... Think they're stereo?
once agian i'm not convinced that this falls into the same effect as the volante in terms of 'true stereo ' panning in terms of devoted sends to left and right? Rob can probably explain this better.
Still it looks like a great pedal to start off with and ill likely flick kris a message
I think this is correct. I tried mine yesterday in stereo just to confirm. Flicked through all the delay types, and aside from ping pong, the rest don't have and actual stereo movement. So its effectively a dual mono delay + ping pong. Still a great pedal though.
Just an update to my earlier comment...

Tried it again yesterday in stereo, and when you flick the mode switch down to quarter note + dotted-eighth note, it splits them so one goes left and one goes right. Sounds epic!
Nothing to see here.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Miza wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:41 am
Miza wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:25 am

Just an update to my earlier comment...

Tried it again yesterday in stereo, and when you flick the mode switch down to quarter note + dotted-eighth note, it splits them so one goes left and one goes right. Sounds epic!
This is the best way to use the Alter Ego. Really good pedal.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Miza
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Miza »

I can't believe I hadn't discovered it before. In mono, that setting is just OTT.

My only complaint about the pedal is lack of presets. I reckon they should update the software so that the tap switch becomes a 4th preset when you plug in an external tap.
Nothing to see here.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Miza wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:48 am I can't believe I hadn't discovered it before. In mono, that setting is just OTT.

My only complaint about the pedal is lack of presets. I reckon they should update the software so that the tap switch becomes a 4th preset when you plug in an external tap.
The other thing that frustrated me was the amount of clipping you get with the analogue/tape settings. It can be a cool effect, but not something I always want. The Volante allows you to adjust input gain, which is so useful for getting some headroom. Maybe on later versions of the Alter Ego it can be adjusted too.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

StrummersOfThunder
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 807 times
Been liked: 1294 times

Post by StrummersOfThunder »

Volante on route