Fender 68 Custom Vibro Champ Reverb?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Speakos
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 18 times

Fender 68 Custom Vibro Champ Reverb?

Post by Speakos »

Hi all,
Anyone had much experience with the new Fender 68 Custom Vibro Champ Reverb? I'm very tempted not sure about that price tag though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0cN0BEyOoE

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Re: Fender 68 Custom Vibro Champ Reverb?

Post by jeremyb »

Was quite tempted by one, but cheaped out and bought a Laney cub 8 and replaced the speaker and tubes and it rules!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Wairarapajack
Squier
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Wairarapajack »

When they first announced it I got quite excited. It seems to cover a lot of desirable boxes.

After a bit more thought though: if I wanted a little amp with trem/verb I'd get a Princeton reverb, and I already have things that scratch the little tweed and bigger blackface itches.

I reckon they'll sell well though

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7724 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

Wairarapajack wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:59 pm When they first announced it I got quite excited. It seems to cover a lot of desirable boxes.

After a bit more thought though: if I wanted a little amp with trem/verb I'd get a Princeton reverb, and I already have things that scratch the little tweed and bigger blackface itches.

Yeah I really wanted a Princeton too but without trem and reverb as I have a Flint… there’s something awesome about a cranked champ though that’s hard to beat!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Speakos
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Speakos »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:28 pm Was quite tempted by one, but cheaped out and bought a Laney cub 8 and replaced the speaker and tubes and it rules!
Cheers, will have another look at the Laneys.

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 597 times

Post by Starfire »

Been thinking of selling my Mike-built Princeton Reverb, so could be an option if any interest.

Speakos
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Speakos »

Wairarapajack wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:59 pm When they first announced it I got quite excited. It seems to cover a lot of desirable boxes.

Yeah, they do seem pretty versatile. Having a handful of fender amps also sounds like a good approach!

Wairarapajack
Squier
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Wairarapajack »

Starfire wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:55 pm Been thinking of selling my Mike-built Princeton Reverb, so could be an option if any interest.
Now that is tempting... But no, too many amps