The Fractal Audio Thread

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 739 times
Been liked: 511 times

Re: The Fractal Audio Thread

Post by Zaulkin »

Voxshall wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:34 pm FM3 arrived today, I just tried it using headphones scrolling presets I was impressed with the Marshall and Vox tones, and a little disappointed with the Dumble tones. Sounds good enough to inspire song writing and enjoy headphone playing. I was going to run it through my apogee Duet into monitors next but having issues accessing the apogee software and I don't have easy access to the cables to go direct into the monitors. Hopefully I'll get time to run it through my amp after work.
I've never really enjoyed headphone playing. Be interested to see how you find it through amp / monitors

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1105 times
Been liked: 1422 times

Post by robthemac »

Zaulkin wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:45 pm
Voxshall wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:34 pm FM3 arrived today, I just tried it using headphones scrolling presets I was impressed with the Marshall and Vox tones, and a little disappointed with the Dumble tones. Sounds good enough to inspire song writing and enjoy headphone playing. I was going to run it through my apogee Duet into monitors next but having issues accessing the apogee software and I don't have easy access to the cables to go direct into the monitors. Hopefully I'll get time to run it through my amp after work.
I've never really enjoyed headphone playing. Be interested to see how you find it through amp / monitors
Decent open-back headphones make a real difference. Even cheapish options like the HD-6XX.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 739 times
Been liked: 511 times

Post by Zaulkin »

robthemac wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:48 pm
Zaulkin wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:45 pm
Decent open-back headphones make a real difference. Even cheapish options like the HD-6XX.
This is true. My headphones are open back but they are pretty old now!

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

I only had one cable to hook up one monitor but it sounded great, huge fun factor and I forgot how easy it is to shed with a boat load of gain and effects. I'm a bit disappointed with the Sitar sound though. My favourite sound is the big tweeds pushed hard, even the ghost notes come out, it's great.

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by StratMatt »

Leon Todd once again provides the goods, his blocks library is available for download: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ ... ry.177309/
Loving it so far