NAD (kinda) Marshall SC20

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Re: NAD (kinda) Marshall SC20

Post by chur »

de_079 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:45 pm
chur wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:44 pm
de_079 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:06 pm Boosts really nicely with either a RAT or Crowther Hotcake. Might have to grab an SD-1 at some stage to see how that sounds.
SD-1 into a JCM800 creates an instant happy place :thumbup: Not really found a boost type pedal they don't like though.
Looking forward to trying one. Definitely found it to work nicely with the RAT but I'll pick up an SD-1 when I get a chance because I've always liked that sound.
A Klon type pedal works well also, even the cheaper EHX Soul Food...
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

NZTone.e
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by NZTone.e »

I had the SC20 combo for a while, sounded very cool, an actually really nice clean sound along with the dirt.

I didn’t like the 5W mode, sounded thin and scratchy to me, and I do think I would have preferred the head and cab option more, but it was still a cool little combo, light, sounded good, and still made in England if that matters…

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 265 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

de_079 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:47 pm This is what I suspected would be the case. How are you finding the Rocker 15?
Without having much valve amp experience, its a bit hard to compare, however i find it quite good. usually use the dirty channel with the gain about 1-3 o'clock and use pedals to push further.

I do like the bedroom/headroom and half and full switches so i can use it quietish most of the time and get more volume without changing the volume settings.

de_079
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by de_079 »

Candeevr4 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:52 am
de_079 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:47 pm This is what I suspected would be the case. How are you finding the Rocker 15?
Without having much valve amp experience, its a bit hard to compare, however i find it quite good. usually use the dirty channel with the gain about 1-3 o'clock and use pedals to push further.

I do like the bedroom/headroom and half and full switches so i can use it quietish most of the time and get more volume without changing the volume settings.
That's good to hear, I think these days valve amps need to have those power scaling options. My old AD30 feels like something of a dinosaur compared to the sorts of features they pack in on the newer ones.