The Kemper Thread

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 652 times

Re: The Kemper Thread

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Still love mine. I wish it was easier to operate, but totally worth the time investment.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3029 times
Been liked: 872 times

Post by codedog »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:21 pm Still love mine. I wish it was easier to operate, but totally worth the time investment.
Hah! You're the first on the forum I have seen utter anything slightly negative about the UI/UX! Glad I'm not the only one :thumbup:

"Easier" is a relative term. What are you comparing it with? Another modelling thing or amp and pedals?

I find the Line 6 stuff easier to operate, and easier to download and try out new patches. The infinite variety of amps on Kemper (and the fact that many of them have to be purchased) makes sharing patches/tones a bit of a crap shoot.

I also think that the lack of digital recording interface on the Kemper is stupid/frustrating.

I still give them 11/10

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 453 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by griff »

codedog wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:20 pm
griff wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:14 pm
codedog wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:58 pm Still have my Kemper Stage. Still haven't really grown as accustomed to the UX as I had with my AX8. It's here to stay though, happy with all the things I need from it. Either that, or I just can't be arsed learning new UX/UI.

Low gain/edge of breakup is where I live too, either something tweedy, or Marshally. Playing through a Headrush 112.
How do you find the headrush?
It works okay for me. I used it for the AX8 too. The only complaints I have are... it's bloody loud and a smidge thumpy. Had to EQ that output slightly differently. TBH I probably would've been better with the 108.
Yeah I had one a couple years ago, and also thought it was just ok, quite bassy. Ended up selling it. I'm gonna give our bands RCF 32A monitors a go with it.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3029 times
Been liked: 872 times

Post by codedog »

griff wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:41 am
codedog wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:20 pm
griff wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:14 pm

How do you find the headrush?
It works okay for me. I used it for the AX8 too. The only complaints I have are... it's bloody loud and a smidge thumpy. Had to EQ that output slightly differently. TBH I probably would've been better with the 108.
Yeah I had one a couple years ago, and also thought it was just ok, quite bassy. Ended up selling it. I'm gonna give our bands RCF 32A monitors a go with it.
I've been tempted to sell it, but only so I can try other ones. Since that was the sole reason I have managed to resist the spending. We've had acoustic gearfest in Canterbury before. I'm tempted to suggest "digital/modelling" gearfest :winky: