The Kemper Thread

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 244 times

Re: The Kemper Thread

Post by Kiwiaxe »

On stage, it is very hard to go back from IEMs. Great sound and you can always hear yourself!

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

olegmcnoleg wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:58 am If you are gigging, I think FRFR is the way to go. Or plug straight into the PA & use fold back. If you are playing at home studio monitors work really well.
How are you connecting those monitors to the Kemper? I ran mine through into an interface, through S/PDIF, then to the monitors. I have used these monitors to mix plugins and mic recordings, and they work okay. The Kemper sounded very anaemic!

JoeBlow
Gibson
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 207 times

Post by JoeBlow »

Interesting. I use Genelec 8010a monitors with my Nord workstation, so I googled to see if they're used with Kempers often, and they are. But they're already needed for that keyboard.

I'll be using the Kemper as an amp replacement, for every need. Probably best to just use the old 4x12, and hope it doesn't sound shite.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

On stage I use IEMs, at home I use a 1x12 cab with a celestion V30

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

Just picked up a Kemper and remote Tuesday night. I've only had a couple of hours on the thing and I'm in love!
I compared it to some recordings I did with Captor X and IRs and the Kemper sounds better, it also sounds and feels a bit better than the Fractal Fm3 I had. More natural and its a dream under the fingers!
The rig exchange has plenty of decent free profiles. I think over the years of spending hours on eq tweaking with different modelers, I like to think I have a knack for making an average sound into a better than average one on these sort of devices.
Very happy!

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

griff wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:18 am Just picked up a Kemper and remote Tuesday night. I've only had a couple of hours on the thing and I'm in love!
I compared it to some recordings I did with Captor X and IRs and the Kemper sounds better, it also sounds and feels a bit better than the Fractal Fm3 I had. More natural and its a dream under the fingers!
The rig exchange has plenty of decent free profiles. I think over the years of spending hours on eq tweaking with different modelers, I like to think I have a knack for making an average sound into a better than average one on these sort of devices.
Very happy!
What are you using for monitoring?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

robthemac wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:19 am
griff wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:18 am Just picked up a Kemper and remote Tuesday night. I've only had a couple of hours on the thing and I'm in love!
Very happy!
Some Beyer 880s at the moment. My Edifier bookshelf speakers do a great job too.
Probably gonna spring for the Kabinet down the line, keep hearing good things

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

Congrats. They really are good. I rarely fire up a real amp these days. Feel a bit guilty about that…

Basket Case
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by Basket Case »

griff wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:18 pm
robthemac wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:19 am
Very happy!
Some Beyer 880s at the moment. My Edifier bookshelf speakers do a great job too.
Probably gonna spring for the Kabinet down the line, keep hearing good things
I'm really happy with the Kemper Kabinet. I'm almost tempted to get a second one. It's an understatement to say the Kabinet with the imprints are impressive.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

So who here in the NZguitar brethren are still Kempering?
I used mine at silent practice last wknd, D.I to the board, all of us monitoring with in ears. Sounded absolutely fantastic! The remote is really easy to program too with full performances and such.
In a couple more weeks it's gonna get the test through our large PA. Mainly using Bighairyprofiles at the moment, they're my faves by far. The low gain/edge of breakup tones are impressive on this thing.. something that I could never get right on my FM3.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

I keep thinking I should get one but I literally don't spend much time playing the gear I have.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

Still have my Kemper Stage. Still haven't really grown as accustomed to the UX as I had with my AX8. It's here to stay though, happy with all the things I need from it. Either that, or I just can't be arsed learning new UX/UI.

Low gain/edge of breakup is where I live too, either something tweedy, or Marshally. Playing through a Headrush 112.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

codedog wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:58 pm Still have my Kemper Stage. Still haven't really grown as accustomed to the UX as I had with my AX8. It's here to stay though, happy with all the things I need from it. Either that, or I just can't be arsed learning new UX/UI.

Low gain/edge of breakup is where I live too, either something tweedy, or Marshally. Playing through a Headrush 112.
How do you find the headrush?

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by Kiwiaxe »

This year marks my 10th year with my kemper. And still my preferred hardware for gigging.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by codedog »

griff wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:14 pm
codedog wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:58 pm Still have my Kemper Stage. Still haven't really grown as accustomed to the UX as I had with my AX8. It's here to stay though, happy with all the things I need from it. Either that, or I just can't be arsed learning new UX/UI.

How do you find the headrush?
It works okay for me. I used it for the AX8 too. The only complaints I have are... it's bloody loud and a smidge thumpy. Had to EQ that output slightly differently. TBH I probably would've been better with the 108.