The Kemper Thread

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 621 times

Re: The Kemper Thread

Post by StratMatt »

Kiwiaxe wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:58 pm
codedog wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:35 pm
Kiwiaxe wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:33 pm Ah, not under "Kemper" but rather rig manager profiler editor. Downloading to check out. Typical - a week after I decide to buy an AXEFX3 to see how they compare lol
Have you had much of a chance to play with the AxeFx3?
I do prefer the way you can work with the Axe presets. Tho I wish you could save a bunch of standard blocks (reverb, delay, compression, etc) and then load them from a list. I think you can do that by creating presets with such blocks, and then copy and paste, but that seems inefficient. If there is a way to do it as a list, then I'd love to know!
If I'm understanding what you're wanting correctly then you can do this. I'm unfamiliar with the Axe3 software, but with the AX8 there is a menu for each block which you can load in saved effects/presets. So if I drop in a chorus block, I can then load up a saved 80s chorus or a detune etc.

In your Fractal folders there will be a blocks folder which you can load in premade effects from guys like AustinBuddy or Glenn Dulaunne etc. I've bought a few of their packs and just loaded up their effects into my folders.

Also let me know if/when you wanna move the the 3 :)
Loving it so far

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

rig manager app update.jpg
rig manager app update.jpg (25.17 KiB) Viewed 22233 times

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by Kiwiaxe »

A little complicated! But I think my UniFi switch in my office/music room might do POE. I’ll give it a try.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KNNZ »

Kiwiaxe wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:57 pm A little complicated! But I think my UniFi switch in my office/music room might do POE. I’ll give it a try.
curious as well! will something like this work? https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/NETTPL ... 8023af--15

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kiwiaxe »

On its face, appears so. I’ve got power working from my UniFi switch (with POE) to the remote, but my problem now is that the Kemper won’t connect to the network :(

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KNNZ »

Kiwiaxe wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:47 pm On its face, appears so. I’ve got power working from my UniFi switch (with POE) to the remote, but my problem now is that the Kemper won’t connect to the network :(
excuse the obvious question but have you updated your Kemper to OS 8.5 Beta? https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/7 ... yJrTcGPGaU

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kiwiaxe »

Yes

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

You crazy kids and your space invaders machines.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Kiwiaxe »

This became all too hard to bother
- looks like the kemper doesn’t like my unifi network. I could however get it connected to an old Apple extreme I had floating about
- however to get the remote to still work with it you need a mode A POE injector. My unifi switch had that; but you need to connect to the same network as the kemper and kemper wouldn’t talk to my unifi switch. I also don’t have a mode A POE injector floating about. I do have a few but they are all mode B

I suspect I could get the iPad and kemper talking to each other, but with the remote disconnected. And the iPad would need to be on the Apple extreme network not the one connected to the inter webs. So I give it the “nice idea but no use to me” award for effort.

JoeBlow
Gibson
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 207 times

Post by JoeBlow »

What are the Kemper guys on here preferring, speaker wise? Majority going FRFR or cab? I'm leaning towards getting a powered head and just keeping my 4x12, but I'm wondering if my speakers (gt12-75's) will be suited to some of the non-Marshall profiles, like Vox and Fender stuff.

Also disappointed that the powered version doesn't come in white :thumbdown:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

JoeBlow wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:44 pm What are the Kemper guys on here preferring, speaker wise? Majority going FRFR or cab? I'm leaning towards getting a powered head and just keeping my 4x12, but I'm wondering if my speakers (gt12-75's) will be suited to some of the non-Marshall profiles, like Vox and Fender stuff.

Also disappointed that the powered version doesn't come in white :thumbdown:
I looked into what MBritt uses (Celestion CL80s - from memory - 90% of the time) reasoning that if I used the same and turned off the cab portion of the signal I'd be getting a faithful reproduction of the tone he had when he captured the profile. He uses these speakers so often I don't think it matters if it's a non-Marshall-like tone.

FRFR speakers are expensive and I suspect you'd still be tweaking because of the limitations of your cab. Studio monitors might make more sense if you go that way.

olegmcnoleg
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 860 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by olegmcnoleg »

If you are gigging, I think FRFR is the way to go. Or plug straight into the PA & use fold back. If you are playing at home studio monitors work really well.

opsguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 422 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by opsguy »

I use a Line 6 powercab at home. The few gigs I did with it as per Oleg's suggestion- direct to line 6 Stagesource PA with Line 6 L2T as a foldback. As an aside an L2T for home use is good as well.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

I had my own FRFR on stage when I gigged with a digital rig, could never really hear myself in the foldbacks at any gig :-(
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

opsguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 422 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by opsguy »

When I am in Melbourne in the apartment I run the kemper into a Boss Katana 2 - power amp mode. works well.