1W tube amp..?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Re: 1W tube amp..?

Post by robthemac »

chrisz wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:13 pm

I have a Marshall Class 5 and I’m doing a trick to play it in low volume, plugging (halfway) the speaker into the headphones input, not sure if this is alright for the amp.
That sounds... brave.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

willow13 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:59 pm
chrisz wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:59 pm I'm looking for a 1W tube amp for home, bedroom volume use.
Anyone knows if there is something out there in the market?
I have a 5w using it at low wattage mode all the time and I feel its a bit same.
"I feel it's a bit same"? .. what does this mean :?:

Personally I would just get some kind of Boss Katana for anything at all "home use" ... nothing will sound better at low volumes
I have a Marshall Class 5 and I’m doing a trick to play it in low volume, plugging (halfway) the speaker into the headphones input, not sure if this is alright for the amp. Also I have a relatively big amp on my sofa..
This amp is good to just crank it up properly (impossible in the apartment). He is doing good just one thing (or two).
Yes, I see these Katanas are very popular.
Plenty of people have put a VVR into the class 5 with great success, you could look at something with a good master volume if you want tube tone at lower volumes, my AC10 sounds sensational at bedroom friendly volumes!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by Lyle »

robthemac wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:32 pm

I have a Marshall Class 5 and I’m doing a trick to play it in low volume, plugging (halfway) the speaker into the headphones input, not sure if this is alright for the amp.
That sounds... brave.
There is a common trick with the Class5 where you use the headphone input to get lower output. Back in the day I had Ryan add a switch to mine to do the same thing without messing around with the plug.

chrisz
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by chrisz »

robthemac wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:32 pm

That sounds... brave.
8) 8)