Dumbles

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4158 times

Dumbles

Post by jeremyb »

Been listening to a bunch of players recently who use them, and stumbled across this new beast from VHT!

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

RobRoyMcCoy
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 45 times

Re: Dumbles

Post by RobRoyMcCoy »

Tasty!
Greenstone Amplifiers

H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by H671 »

Wow! that sounds impressive.
I used to have a VHT Special 6 head which was modded to take a 6L6 valve - it was really quite nice but too underpowered for playing at church. I wonder if we will see these D-50 amps here.
Epiphone Riviera P93 & EJ200CE, Hagstrom Viking Bass, Doubleneck bass/guitar.
Rivera Clubster 45, Carvin AG100D, Ashton BSK158.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Mmmmmm that looks nice !!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Price looks pretty decent, from this aussie site: https://www.bettermusic.com.au/vht-d50-head $1249 AUS!!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

That is really cheap, especially considering that it's handwired. Wonder if Beggs Music in Christchurch will end up bringing any in?
Last edited by Mini Forklift on Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Ceriatone equivalent would be over $2k by the time you land it here

http://www.ceriatone.com/overtone-special-50/

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Mini Forklift wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:45 am That is really cheap, especially considering that it's handwired. Wonder if Beggs Music in Christchurch will end up bringing any in?
Would be worth asking eh!! I'd be hella keen if it wasn't for the katana being so awesome :mrgreen:

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

My Two Rock is based on a Dumble design and I've been really enjoying it so far, the bass is tighter than a Fender and it doesn't have that high spike in the upper mid's of the british amps, more even and balanced in the eq spectrum, although I know they are famous for the low mids thing and sounding thick full and punchy. The harmonic content in the lead channel is incredible as well when you crank it up it sounds more alive than most amps. I think Two Rock is killing it lately since they designed the new transformer it's a shame about the USD or I would own a lot more of their models.