PG Spark users thread

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Re: Positive Grid Spark 40

Post by robthemac »

I have their Bias FX2 software on my PC. It's cool to play around with and has some nice distorted tones, but I found it really tricky to get a simple clean tone that I liked.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2255 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

yeah bias software is great, I'm sure the hardware is too :) Why so down on them Boss-ed? :P
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

I'm gonna order one anyway.
Katana Air killer?

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

griff7628 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:33 pm I'm gonna order one anyway.
Katana Air killer?
The spark is half the price and has more features, the wireless thing on the air is cool tho' but you can't use it as an interface like the spark which I really like with the THR10X I had... I think if they can keep the shipments flowing they'll sell gazillions of the things!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

What I like about the Boss stuff is you don't have to have the App running to use the product. I have only connected my Laptop to the Katana twice since I bought it.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

sizzlingbadger wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:18 pm What I like about the Boss stuff is you don't have to have the App running to use the product. I have only connected my Laptop to the Katana twice since I bought it.
You can use this like a normal amp too, to deep dive in to settings its like the katana, you need an app.

Funnily enough if they made a bigger one more like the katana I would be less interested, the katana is a killer proper amp whereas this seems a bit more like a toy.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 804 times

Post by hamo »

My main complaint with the Katana is that it's killed most of my gas stone dead. :lol:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Bg wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:08 pm yeah bias software is great, I'm sure the hardware is too :) Why so down on them Boss-ed? :P
Lol, just trying to help avoid our friendly forum goers from becoming one of the hundreds of angry commenters I see on the multiple ads they're throwing at me daily.

People have literally started a group called "Positive Grid where's my Spark?" on FB which I think was at 2k members and counting...

But what do I know :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Apparently they charged credit cards straight away instead of waiting until the product was ready to ship, some have been waiting 8+ months.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

slash-ed wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:30 pm
Bg wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:08 pm yeah bias software is great, I'm sure the hardware is too :) Why so down on them Boss-ed? :P
Lol, just trying to help avoid our friendly forum goers from becoming one of the hundreds of angry commenters I see on the multiple ads they're throwing at me daily.

People have literally started a group called "Positive Grid where's my Spark?" on FB which I think was at 2k members and counting...

But what do I know :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just pointing out you have competing products, yes?

Not everyone here knows you work for Boss after all. Maybe its time for a name change so they are made aware of yours and Matts affiliations?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sizzlingbadger »

jeremyb wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:25 pm
sizzlingbadger wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:18 pm What I like about the Boss stuff is you don't have to have the App running to use the product. I have only connected my Laptop to the Katana twice since I bought it.
You can use this like a normal amp too, to deep dive in to settings its like the katana, you need an app.

Funnily enough if they made a bigger one more like the katana I would be less interested, the katana is a killer proper amp whereas this seems a bit more like a toy.
maybe next time I'll watch the video to the end :rofl:

Kiwiaxe
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 244 times

Post by Kiwiaxe »

I ordered one in November for delivery in January. Yes they charge GST (which I bet they don’t pass on to the NZ govt) and charged my credit card in full at the time.

Kept getting “one more month” messages. As approached the six month dispute window for PayPal, I contacted PG directly. They said shipping to me within weeks but gave free Bias FX and Bias Amp 2 codes. I’ve loaded the apps on my Mac but haven’t really used them (the neuralDSP stuff I have is SO much better).

Spark still didn’t ship. I then tried to cancel and dispute with PayPal. Surprise surprise now outside the time to dispute it.

I told them I’d escalate to my credit card company - that got it sorted and they refunded me (tho now the funds are in my PayPal account).

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Nice to see an un"biased" opinion ;)

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

Phillip says it sounds a bit better than his Katana mkII

https://youtu.be/wMncIeaXd7E

Check out the tones this blues/rock dude is getting.. fkn brilliant..

https://youtu.be/YuCAf75xmHg

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Latest email update, they've given all customers estimated shipping dates now, mines Aug 17 - 20, not too long to wait now then... they also said they shipped over 41k units in the past fortnight, really looking forward to this arriving!