PG Spark users thread

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 973 times
Been liked: 876 times

Re: PG Spark users thread

Post by Olderama »

jeremyb wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:49 pm:mental:
if that bed could talk......
:mental:

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 248 times

Post by griff »

HackSaw wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:34 am yeah the look and feel are pretty nice apart from the little music volume that seems to be much maligned. But given how much a decent bluetooth speaker to stream music through costs, it's pretty amazing what you get for your money here.
I agree. For the money it's hard to beat. Through decent headphones it's a real nice experience and the tone differences between the amp models can be heard really well.
When playing through the external speakers I find running a virtual boost in front with the tone up helps a lot for clarity. My guess is the speakers are probably cheapies. Maybe some clued up cats will figure out how to change out the stock speakers for something better.
I'd like to see a graphic eq in a future update. I reckon we will get cab choices eventually too going by the graphic on the main screen showing a 212 under the amp.

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

griff7628 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:26 pm When playing through the external speakers I find running a virtual boost in front with the tone up helps a lot for clarity. My guess is the speakers are probably cheapies.
Can you run it through an external cab or are you stuck with using the speakers that are in it?

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

Mini Forklift wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:36 pm
griff7628 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:26 pm When playing through the external speakers I find running a virtual boost in front with the tone up helps a lot for clarity. My guess is the speakers are probably cheapies.
Can you run it through an external cab or are you stuck with using the speakers that are in it?
Nah stuck with the internals. But it is an interface so you can add studio monitors to the mix.

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

Its funny though because using it as a bluetooth speaker for playing Spotify etc it's really good quality sound. So maybe its more to do with the conversion process of the amps to speaker thats at fault or something like that. I know Boss katana has that part of the equation sorted really well.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7727 times
Been liked: 4169 times

Post by jeremyb »

Gave the Spark and the Katana some love today, set up a few patches on the spark and shared them to the tone cloud thang, sound really nice with my strat, did a John Mayer Clean, Jimi Hendrix, and Gilmour Lead ones... give them a try if that sorta thing lifts your shirt :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

I haven’t even worked out how to set up patches. Guess that is my homework tonight!

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

jeremyb wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:01 pm Gave the Spark and the Katana some love today, set up a few patches on the spark and shared them to the tone cloud thang, sound really nice with my strat, did a John Mayer Clean, Jimi Hendrix, and Gilmour Lead ones... give them a try if that sorta thing lifts your shirt :)
I hope you gave yourself some love first
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Dunno if you guys have this, but I find there is hum until I touch the strings or the guitar lead, word on the forums is that they are shipping out new grounded power supplies if you raise the issue with them, this guy got his own one and gave it a try, you can see the difference in this vid: https://streamable.com/clk9l0

It is kinda annoying so I have logged a support ticket asking for the grounded PSU :) Hard to believe this wasn't picked up beforehand, but....
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

jeremyb wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:38 pm Dunno if you guys have this, but I find there is hum until I touch the strings
after you touch the strings is it more hmmmmm :?:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Hmmm so looks like the hum might just be the guitar :lol: pays not to read too much into internet forums eh...

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by griff »

Have you guys found out how to change the amps on the dial that has acoustic, crunch, metal etc?
I only know how to change amps on the 1 to 4 presets next to the tuner button

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

griff7628 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:27 am Have you guys found out how to change the amps on the dial that has acoustic, crunch, metal etc?
You mean to change the default amp for each option on the amp selector switch? I dunno if thats possible!

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

griff7628 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:27 am Have you guys found out how to change the amps on the dial that has acoustic, crunch, metal etc?
It's odd that they've got the dial to change the amp models and the buttons as well eh?
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

AiRdAd wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:37 am
It's odd that they've got the dial to change the amp models and the buttons as well eh?
The buttons are just for storing presets, either by using settings on the amp then holding one to save, or from the app you can push it to a preset channel :)