PG Spark users thread

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Re: PG Spark users thread

Post by HackSaw »

griff7628 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:43 pm
HackSaw wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:37 pm One has just popped up on one of the NZ FB groups. $55 more than I paid for mine new. Didn't realise I was buying an investment product!
Haha yeah just saw that. Dreamin.
See you had a crack at him. Good on you, me too!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

Telling you, 10-12 weeks... knee deep in sales ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

I should order another so I can sell at a profit!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

Bg wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:13 pm Telling you, 10-12 weeks... knee deep in sales ;)
Even if I didn't like the amp (I do), it has been a great bluetooth speaker for some tunes while working at home.

but yeah, you just wait till we all sell these at $450 and start rolling in the dough!

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Had some more time on it this arvo, very cool but I'm in a bit of a dilemma, I like the simple setup of Katana and looper, I'm not a fan of using an App, especially on small iPhone. I have considered buying a tablet but I'm not sure I want to go down that route. Playing guitar is usually something I do to get away from my screen.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

sizzlingbadger wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:25 pm Had some more time on it this arvo, very cool but I'm in a bit of a dilemma, I like the simple setup of Katana and looper, I'm not a fan of using an App, especially on small iPhone. I have considered buying a tablet but I'm not sure I want to go down that route. Playing guitar is usually something I do to get away from my screen.
Don't worry, this might be the one time you make money on a purchase :mrgreen:
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1200 times
Been liked: 1398 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

nah, I'll take the hit for shipping, it was worth that to try it out and have some fun.
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

sizzlingbadger wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:32 pm nah, I'll take the hit for shipping, it was worth that to try it out and have some fun.
Shipping was free tho' :lol:

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

sizzlingbadger wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:09 am I had some time with my Spark last night, but I was a bit tired and found using the small screen on my iPhone a pain. A larger tablet would be much better. Initial impressions are good, its a pretty solidly built piece of kit.

To make proper use of the Spark as a practice tool I'll need to invest in a tablet so I can see the Smart Jam screens. Its a shame they don't have a desktop app too as it would sit perfectly next to my iMac. TBH I could use an Android tablet in the workshop for the ODBC tools I need for my bike and car etc.

So at present I'm 50/50 on whether to keep it or just go back to my cave-man Katana and Boss RC10R looper setup for practice.
Thanks for this detailed review. I was umming and r-ing about ordering one but then decided to connect my Windows 10 tablet to my Mustang 3 amp and give that a go again. Fender Fuse works in a similar fashion except via a USB cable, no BT. Nice large screen and easy to configure different amp beasts. Doesn't have all the cool practising stuff that the Spark has, but using the latter with a small screen phone ain't for me too.
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

And the first one is sold ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Thought I'd just check on the progress of my Spark order and discovered that it was signed for half an hour ago by the builder installing my windows.

Hurrah!

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

I hope the acceptance of the Spark goes more smoothly than the installation of the windows.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

Molly wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:10 am Thought I'd just check on the progress of my Spark order and discovered that it was signed for half an hour ago by the builder installing my windows.

Hurrah!
dibs

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

robthemac wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:30 am I hope the acceptance of the Spark goes more smoothly than the installation of the windows.
I do find the app a little flakey on my phone, hopefully Molly has a better time of it!

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

jeremyb wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:02 am
robthemac wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:30 am I hope the acceptance of the Spark goes more smoothly than the installation of the windows.
I do find the app a little flakey on my phone, hopefully Molly has a better time of it!
Got a spare Samsung tablet I'm setting aside for the job. :-)