PG Spark users thread

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Re: Positive Grid Spark 40

Post by jeremyb »

Voxshall wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:51 am
jeremyb wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:57 am
slash-ed wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:53 am Be prepared to potentially wait 8+ months, which many people seem to have done already. And if they're only now starting to ship to those waiting, you'll be near the end of that list...
I think those long waits were because they didn't have anything to ship, seems improved now, but yeah not holding my breath :lol:
? they're shipping like crazy now, very quick turnaround :)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Re: PG Spark users thread

Post by jeremyb »

Bringing this back to life as now I've got one again :lol:

Updated the firmware and theres a couple of new amps, the Blues Jnr and a Dumble ODS 50W which is now my go to amp, sounds soooo great, also theres a Klon and a couple of EQ pedals.

The new unit shipped with a grounded PSU unlike my original one which came with a 2 prong job, which altho' I didn't have the hum issues peeps in america seemed to, its a nice upgrade to have, the unit is super quiet noise wise, very pleased!

Free bag as well currently which is nice as I regretted not getting one when I ordered my first one... $406 inc gst (calculated at checkout) landed.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 1064 times

Post by NippleWrestler »

Where did you get it? They're $470 landed from Amazon.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

NippleWrestler wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:57 pm Where did you get it? They're $470 landed from Amazon.
Direct from PG's website: https://www.positivegrid.com/spark?prom ... dle=HW0502 and I used the code STENOFF for another $10 off :)

Ordered on monday, and it shipped tuesday, arrived wednesday, overnight shipping from Sydney!!! EPIC!

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 352 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Hmmm, do I order one or dibs jb? Probably stick the the THR10 :lol:
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

WellyBlues wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:29 pm Hmmm, do I order one or dibs jb? Probably stick the the THR10 :lol:
Nah I'm committed to learning how to play better now and its the perfect tool, plus I can use it in stereo with the AC10 and my pedalboard killing two of my wants at once! :thumbup:

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NippleWrestler »

Oops sorry, typo on my part. They're $370 landed from Amazon. Not bad.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

NippleWrestler wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:38 pm Oops sorry, typo on my part. They're $370 landed from Amazon. Not bad.
You'll get GST added to that once you checkout tho' ;-) and which Amazon site? AU? cause I can't see it at that price anywhere!

NippleWrestler
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by NippleWrestler »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:46 pm
NippleWrestler wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:38 pm Oops sorry, typo on my part. They're $370 landed from Amazon. Not bad.
You'll get GST added to that once you checkout tho' ;-) and which Amazon site? AU? cause I can't see it at that price anywhere!
https://www.amazon.com.au/Positive-Grid ... NrPXRydWU=

$383 landed. Price includes NZ gst.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

NippleWrestler wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:57 pm
jeremyb wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:46 pm
https://www.amazon.com.au/Positive-Grid ... NrPXRydWU=

$383 landed. Price includes NZ gst.
So I selected the bundle with the bag which is what I got for $406 landed and it came to $470 :mental:

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

Cracking value either way! Have loaned mine to stepson who has decided to learn. Making me think back 30 years to the Hondo Strat and no-name solid state 15w absolute piece of shit I learned with. Kid doesn’t know how good he has it!

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3476 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Post by codedog »

HackSaw wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:08 pm Cracking value either way! Have loaned mine to stepson who has decided to learn. Making me think back 30 years to the Hondo Strat and no-name solid state 15w absolute piece of shit I learned with. Kid doesn’t know how good he has it!
Not so sure about that. I kick-started my third learning attempt when I turned 40. With today's gear I just ended up mucking about with gear, not really learning guitar and music.

HackSaw
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 519 times

Post by HackSaw »

Mucking about with gear isn’t learning? Ah… that’s where I’ve been going wrong!

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Post by griff »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:47 pm Bringing this back to life as now I've got one again :lol:

Updated the firmware and theres a couple of new amps, the Blues Jnr and a Dumble ODS 50W which is now my go to amp, sounds soooo great, also theres a Klon and a couple of EQ pedals.

The new unit shipped with a grounded PSU unlike my original one which came with a 2 prong job, which altho' I didn't have the hum issues peeps in america seemed to, its a nice upgrade to have, the unit is super quiet noise wise, very pleased!

Free bag as well currently which is nice as I regretted not getting one when I ordered my first one... $406 inc gst (calculated at checkout) landed.
Have they added some sort of eq you can put in the chain? Thats the only thing I thought was lacking. Otherwise a great little unit

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

griff wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:22 am
jeremyb wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:47 pm Bringing this back to life as now I've got one again :lol:

Have they added some sort of eq you can put in the chain? Thats the only thing I thought was lacking. Otherwise a great little unit
Yup! Theres guitar and bass EQ available now in the new firmware, as well as a Klon and a couple of new amps.