Pro junior vs 5e3 Tweed Deluxe ?

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

chrisz
Stagg
Stagg
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: Pro junior vs 5e3 Tweed Deluxe ?

Post by chrisz »

rickenbackerkid wrote:I can't comment on the 5e3, by I'm a huge PJ fan.
They are essentially a tweed preamp straight from the 5e3, into a Marshall 1974x power amp section.
So as you can imagine, when you wind it up into a big cab or a powerful speaker it's a real rock sound, does a fabulous AC/DC type sound. Into a small speaker (I have a alnico Fender-branded eminence) it def. sounds tweedy in the way it breaks up. You can get a fair clean out of it, but compared to the break up sound, the clean is pretty bland, and there's no reverb or big warm bass like you might get from a amp with really good clean sound. it's a really great rock and roll amp in a practical form for gigging.
Is it your PJ version III? IV?

rickenbackerkid
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 655 times

Post by rickenbackerkid »

I'm pretty sure that my PJ is one of the first version. reasons being that it's clearly old and worn and thrashed, and it has the blue fender/eminence speaker. the name plate with serial, etc, etc is long gone.

chrisz
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 10 times

Post by chrisz »

rickenbackerkid wrote:I'm pretty sure that my PJ is one of the first version. reasons being that it's clearly old and worn and thrashed, and it has the blue fender/eminence speaker. the name plate with serial, etc, etc is long gone.
Cool. Quite hard to find one of those now days I guess..