Eat this!! etc etc also NCD

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Voxshall
Gibson
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Re: Eat this!! etc etc also NCD

Post by Voxshall »

So much Kemper love, I'll have to try one out, does any of the music store here have a Kemper demo setup to try?

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

Voxshall wrote:So much Kemper love, I'll have to try one out, does any of the music store here have a Kemper demo setup to try?
If you're into changing springs in the tremolo, or changing magnets in pickups - you probably not the person that is going to be satisfied with a Kemper :) :-) :-)
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 273 times

Post by Voxshall »

AiRdAd wrote:
Voxshall wrote:So much Kemper love, I'll have to try one out, does any of the music store here have a Kemper demo setup to try?
If you're into changing springs in the tremolo, or changing magnets in pickups - you probably not the person that is going to be satisfied with a Kemper :) :-) :-)
I do have a stack of NOS SAD1024 chips I was planning to swap out in it :lol:

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Keon, thoughts on Kemper v Iridium?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

robthemac wrote:Keon, thoughts on Kemper v Iridium?
Hey Rob, not sure it's a fair comparison, the Iridium does very well with decent IRs with the 3 amps available on tap, but it's more for compact or on the fly rigs if you're happy with having only just the 3 types of amps. The Kemper can do those 3 with more flexibility and plus heaps more ie. eq adjusting - we're talking like 8 bands of eq tweaking here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZk-oHs ... neJunkieTV link if you're interested to know more.
For us who like to try a large variety of amp flavours, many of which we wouldn't be able to afford we go for the Kemper. Plus it also saves space as what Danny has been saying. Now there are more than ever effects, there's morphing and ducking, it's just a whole different league. YMMV. I'm sure others can add in.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Post by robthemac »

Thanks, yeah I recognize that the Kemper offers a heap more, but do you find there's one that your prefer in terms of dialing in a tone?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

I prefer the Kemper in terms of dialing tone because with the remote I can just switch profiles on the fly (with my foot) if I change between my guitars, one guitar would be darker another brighter, a guitar with humbuckers has a different tone, the strats are different, and tele also has a different tone. With the Iridium I have to keep bending down to dial in the EQ or change the cab switches to find a tone that suits the guitar, I guess this can be solved with a 3 button fav switch but I ain't gonna spend on that. I seldom (almost never) tweak knobs on the Kemper, there are heaps of profiles on the Rig Exchange that you can sample and grab one that you like and if I still wanna fine tune I can just adjust the EQ that's on the face of the Kemper just like any amps (bass, mids, treble, presence, gain).