Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY PaulWD
Reg18 wrote:I’d like to know what transformers this had, as in can Paul build another one which would sound identical?

I reused the iron in this build, original power, choke and output transformers. They were late 50s NZ made, probably by radio corp or Collier and Beale.

I have a few more similar trafo sets and can build more of these. It is heartening to me to see the reaction of you guys. I think I'll build up a few similar.
BY PaulWD
jeremyb wrote:I loved how you had reused old radios and battery chargers etc, they looked cool as fuck and sounded awesome too!!

Cheers. I had great fun yesterday
BY Slowy
Molly wrote:Pleased to report that this amp is great with my The Dude overdrive. A nice Strymon reverb and trem would be cool as and when they float by.

That would be a Flint then. Can confirm its general goodness.
BY Molly
Slowy wrote:
Molly wrote:Pleased to report that this amp is great with my The Dude overdrive. A nice Strymon reverb and trem would be cool as and when they float by.

Indeed!

Can confirm I had one and sold it... LOL

Still, you can't know what'll go with what when you don't know what you'll get, and before you know it you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone.
BY WellyBlues
Molly wrote:
Slowy wrote:

Indeed!

Still, you can't know what'll go with what when you don't know what you'll get, and before you know it you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone.

And you can't lose what you never had.
BY Molly
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Sure sounds nice from that video clip

Just does that one thing but it's so nice break-up is cool. Helps that I've got an insulated shed.
BY Slowy
Molly wrote:
Slowy wrote:

Indeed!

That is so true.
I just sold a simple handwired 6 watt amp. Since then, I've got into the 'Truth About Vintage Amps' podcast which is proving brilliant for de-mystifying the whole amp guts thing.
I've got the schematics and the guidance; if only I had a simple 6 watt amp to follow through on everything I'm learning. :roll:
BY jeremyb
Slowy wrote:Since then, I've got into the 'Truth About Vintage Amps' podcast which is proving brilliant for de-mystifying the whole amp guts thing.
I've got the schematics and the guidance; if only I had a simple 6 watt amp to follow through on everything I'm learning. :roll:

This has piqued my interest! Shall check it out!! Thanks Bruce! :thumbup: