Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY sizzlingbadger
I know there are some folks on here that like this sort of thing so here's my Supro BK12. It has Ruby (chinese) 6L6GC and 12AX7 valves. I must vacuum the carpet in my study, its a disgrace.

IMG_3380.jpeg
IMG_3380.jpeg (149.37 KiB) Viewed 309 times

IMG_3381.jpeg
IMG_3381.jpeg (183.01 KiB) Viewed 309 times

IMG_3382.jpeg
IMG_3382.jpeg (252.61 KiB) Viewed 309 times
BY Bg
sizzlingbadger wrote:I know there are some folks on here that like this sort of thing so here's my Supro BK12. It has Ruby (chinese) 6L6GC and 12AX7 valves. I must vacuum the carpet in my study, its a disgrace.

IMG_3380.jpeg

IMG_3381.jpeg

IMG_3382.jpeg

It would look awesome in tweed.

with a handwired board.... just pimpin'
BY StratMatt
Nice man, looks the biz.
BY sizzlingbadger
Loving the amp so far....

to be honest its not the usual sort of sound I go for, I went out in a limb to experience something new.

It has a slightly "raggedy" - "about to explode" sound when you hit the boost and gain together. It reminds of a fuzz pedal when they get spitty. The cleans sound great, lots of harmonic content and the edge of break up has some beautiful overtones. The tone controls have a really wide range and you can get a lot of different sounds and feel from the amp even just tweaking them slightly. If you back off the Bass control the raggerty-ness reduces and you get some great rock tones.

I changed the Ruby 12AX7-AC5 for a Tungsol re-issue and this smoothed it out a little too. I have also noticed the amp smoothing out a bit as whole as I've been playing it, probably the speaker settling in.

It can absolutely nail this tone...

BY Mattallica
How much of the sound is coming from the power amp you reckon Nik?
BY sizzlingbadger
I can get that sound at very low volumes so the pre-amp is capable of producing it.
BY hamo
That's my fave ZZ track