Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY StratMatt
Now that is cool. You'd be hoping the motorised knobs don't kick the bucket.
BY willow13
the motorised knobs would be a great feature of the Katana....One of the downsides to them for me is the knobs not matching where they are set on the tone you are using so when you move one it can totally whack out your tone instantly, this would stop that
BY sizzlingbadger
Very cool amp... a little under $5000 so the Katana is safe for now.
BY NippleWrestler
I'd be worried of the bill if one of those pots goes out or the servos take a hit.

It reminds me of those auto playing pianos they had in airport lounges in the 90s.
BY willow13
jvpp wrote:Mr Hook himself on two interesting gats

He looks a bit like our Willow, not?

:rofl:

fuck if I had that hair I'd go skinhead :rofl:
BY codedog
jvpp wrote:Mr Hook himself on two interesting gats

He looks a bit like our Willow, not?

He made me think of Sideshow Bob! :lol:
BY Dharmajester
Showed theses to my tech mate. His first reaction was great, but what happens when the internal chips die and are no longer manufactured. A problem he apparently encounters frequently with older new equipment. :crazy:
BY jeremyb
Dharmajester wrote:Showed theses to my tech mate. His first reaction was great, but what happens when the internal chips die and are no longer manufactured. A problem he apparently encounters frequently with older new equipment. :crazy:

I doubt they're using anything special, that stuff will be around for longer than any of us!! Who would have thought we'd still be manufacturing vacuum tubes in this day and age!!
BY Dharmajester
jeremyb wrote:
Dharmajester wrote:Showed theses to my tech mate. His first reaction was great, but what happens when the internal chips die and are no longer manufactured. A problem he apparently encounters frequently with older new equipment. :crazy:

I doubt they're using anything special, that stuff will be around for longer than any of us!! Who would have thought we'd still be manufacturing vacuum tubes in this day and age!!

We're luckily still able to get tubes however there are plenty of 80's analogue synths ( some of the nicer ones ) that are an absolute nightmare to find replacement chips for. :( A good example though not a synth is the Line 6 echo pro. Only available for a few years as the main chip became unobtainable shortly after.