Redplate Blackverb previous owners??

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 377 times

Redplate Blackverb previous owners??

Post by Dharmajester »

I picked up a Redplate Blackverb from Troy a ways back and afterwards became aware that it has been through a succession of forum owners.
Just wondering why previous custodians passed it on as I fucking love it and can't imagine anyone not being equally enamoured.
Initial impression wasn't terribly favourable but after 5 hours with it in the lounge just playing and tweaking settings with a p90's Special I found the sweet spot and there it has remained ever since.
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Re: Redplate Blackverb previous owners??

Post by GrantB »

That be mine...
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

May take a drive down next week if you're up for a visit. I'd like to give it a go. Was 'nearly' mine once though can't recall who was selling it at the time.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 377 times

Post by Dharmajester »

Molly wrote:May take a drive down next week if you're up for a visit. I'd like to give it a go. Was 'nearly' mine once though can't recall who was selling it at the time.
Cripes Bunter. I'd no idea you were back already. Feel free. Wife's off on her annual retreat so lounge looks like the local RS :lol:
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Hunter S. Thompson

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Dharmajester wrote:
Molly wrote:May take a drive down next week if you're up for a visit. I'd like to give it a go. Was 'nearly' mine once though can't recall who was selling it at the time.
Cripes Bunter. I'd no idea you were back already. Feel free. Wife's off on her annual retreat so lounge looks like the local RS :lol:
Not quite there. Singapore transit hotel at the mo.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

Used to be mine too! Was a great amp, but I was on a 'must EL84' thing at the time, ended up with Matchless Lightning and a Nighthawk at the same time.

Shoulda bought a DC30 and been done with it.