Fender ‘Tone Master’ Deluxe Reverb 1x12

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Mini Forklift
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl

Fender ‘Tone Master’ Deluxe Reverb 1x12

Post by Mini Forklift »

I actually have a bit of GAS for this which is somewhat unusual as it’s digital and solid state! I’ve heard a few reputable guitarists say it sounds amazing and that they’d happily gig with it. Reviews seems very favourable too...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -combo-amp

Lightweight, aesthetics are true to the original and should be a very reliable amp. Wonder if NZRS are gonna get any in?..

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Re: Fender ‘Tone Master’ Deluxe Reverb 1x12

Post by robthemac »

If you really want a Deluxe Reverb and nothing else, I can understand it. One of the beauties of modelling software, though, is the ability to have a variety of sounds from one rig. It seems a shame to limit it to one.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Looks great. I listened to an 'Andy' demo compared to a DRRI, they were pretty close. Tbh I reckon the only difference was the speaker. That it weighs half as much is a big plus

Mini Forklift

Post by Mini Forklift »

Cdog wrote:Looks great. I listened to an 'Andy' demo compared to a DRRI, they were pretty close. Tbh I reckon the only difference was the speaker. That it weighs half as much is a big plus
Yeah, have a read through the reviews and that’s the general jist. Apparently it’s a great pedal platform too.

The attenuation is a nice feature too. TBH I think most of the people that would buy this amp wouldn’t be overly interested in using it as a modeling type amp, I don’t think that’s really what Fender have pushed it out as. Definitely would consider it if NZRS get them in and the price eventually comes down a bit

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote: The attenuation is a nice feature too. TBH I think most of the people that would buy this amp wouldn’t be overly interested in using it as a modeling type amp, I don’t think that’s really what Fender have pushed it out as.
Indeed. Modelling is cool, but only if you can be bothered. It definitely provides the ability to sound good connected direct to mixer. But option paralysis is a thing, plus that nagging feeling it doesn't sound quite as good as a 'real' one, driving constant tweaking and self 'tone-doubt'. Even with the fancy modellers you still need an amp and speakers so you can hear it... so its back to square one for me. These days I prefer simplicity of plug in and play. Something like this interests me more than a toaster :)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

I think that's where the katana excels, you can use it like a normal amp or deep dive in the editor for more complex setups, best of both worlds [tm]
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Terexgeek
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Post by Terexgeek »

jeremyb wrote:I think that's where the katana excels, you can use it like a normal amp or deep dive in the editor for more complex setups, best of both worlds [tm]
...when they finally arrive in store?
Tin arse!!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Terexgeek wrote:
jeremyb wrote:I think that's where the katana excels, you can use it like a normal amp or deep dive in the editor for more complex setups, best of both worlds [tm]
...when they finally arrive in store?
HA! that's a story for another day ;)
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

goldtop0
Squier
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 112 times

Post by goldtop0 »

These amps will come to NZ for sure and I'd expect the DR to retail at say $2.1k or thereabouts.
Maybe 3-4 months away as the range has just been released in the USA.
Doin' that scrapyard thing.