Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Delayman wrote:How much is this landed in NZ?

I really like the idea of having an "amp" at the end of the chain to do quick global changes with knobs.

I'm presuming they're not here yet, KNNZ ordered one in from Australia although it ended up not being able to be shipped :thumbdown:

https://www.pedalempire.com.au/products/strymon-iridium-pre-order
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
With Dan & Mick both being cork sniffing valve snobs... this should be quite an interesting watch :shock:

BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
KNNZ wrote:JOYO has come up with its own now!! Competition is good!

You get what you pay for though!
BY jeremyb
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
KNNZ wrote:JOYO has come up with its own now!! Competition is good!

You get what you pay for though!

Usually an exact clone for a 10th of the price :rofl:
BY MakoGat
Considering one of these, not interested in amp modelling but keen on something fixed to the pedalboard for headphone use or powering a speaker cab (Barefaced maybe). When is this available here or is that a stupid question?
What other options are there, Ive seen the Seymour Duncan 170 as well, any others with headphone out, speaker cab power?
BY NippleWrestler
MakoGat wrote:Considering one of these, not interested in amp modelling but keen on something fixed to the pedalboard for headphone use or powering a speaker cab (Barefaced maybe). When is this available here or is that a stupid question?
What other options are there, Ive seen the Seymour Duncan 170 as well, any others with headphone out, speaker cab power?

Quilter microblock 45. It'll run your rig and it cuts off the speaker out when you use the headphone jack. And it's single pedal size.
BY Delayman
MakoGat wrote:Considering one of these, not interested in amp modelling but keen on something fixed to the pedalboard for headphone use or powering a speaker cab (Barefaced maybe). When is this available here or is that a stupid question?

Iridium won't power a speaker cab, my understanding is it is an amp simulator and impulse response host.
BY robthemac
Yeah it's only line level output. Not gonna drive anything but headphones or a powered speaker amplifier.
BY MakoGat
Uhhh, going to look at some Vox 50W Nutube mini amps this arvo, they are pedal size, headphone out, will power a cab - sweet
BY Molly
So, did anybody buy one of these in the end? I'm looking at one but it doesn't seem to do the obvious thing it should which is to allow you to footswitch between the three amps. That and a boost would be perfect.

Edit: Duh... They offer the following to take care of that.

strymon.JPG
strymon.JPG (28.12 KiB) Viewed 158 times
BY chur
Cdog wrote:Argh. I find these guys hard to watch :/

Me too unfortunately for various reasons.
BY chur
Molly wrote:So, did anybody buy one of these in the end? I'm looking at one but it doesn't seem to do the obvious thing it should which is to allow you to footswitch between the three amps. That and a boost would be perfect.

Edit: Duh... They offer the following to take care of that.

strymon.JPG

I was watching a bunch of reviews on them myself last night, but in the end decided I would just stick with the Katana for the money.

Do you still have the Kemper?