Strymon Iridium

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1420 times

Re: Strymon Iridium

Post by robthemac »

KNNZ wrote:Chris Lawson is selling one on FB for $650, might be gone now, not sure, it was posted 11 hours ago at NZ Musicians trade and Exchange

Is someone with FB able to see if this is still available?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

i'll check for you mate

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7692 times
Been liked: 4159 times

Post by jeremyb »

HA! Was just going to comment I saw Mr KNNZ comment on the post!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KNNZ »

robthemac wrote:
KNNZ wrote:Chris Lawson is selling one on FB for $650, might be gone now, not sure, it was posted 11 hours ago at NZ Musicians trade and Exchange

Is someone with FB able to see if this is still available?

Sold the day it was advertised sorry

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Thanks. His price was probably fair then!

Let me know if you're interested in selling yours, Keon.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KNNZ »

robthemac wrote:Thanks. His price was probably fair then!

Let me know if you're interested in selling yours, Keon.
will do Rob! could possibly be in the next few weeks! but I love hoarding stuff so will see how it goes haha! :lol:

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

robthemac wrote:Thanks. His price was probably fair then!
Those Strymon resale values eh?

I'll consider myself corrected. :shock:
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

Finally got some time with my Iridium. Originally this was purchased as an excuse to dive deep into the world of tube amps, as I thought I would try modelling and hate it. I don't think this will be the case.

I spent a few hours tonight sitting on the floor with my pedalboard, playing along to backing tracks through the Iridium. Just headphones, no speakers or PA. Not once did I get the urge to plug into a 'real' amp. The Iridium just sounded right. I could quickly get multiple tones I liked with each of the amp options. It was freakishly responsive to playing dynamics. I'll try and record some examples this weekend of the variety available from just my Strat's volume knob.

Downsides? A couple of the cabs sound average at best. I haven't got an overdriven Fender tone that I'm happy with. The room knob can't replace a reverb pedal. I wish it had dual mono inputs rather than stereo. USB connectivity without ability to function as an interface seems to be a missed opportunity.

mugamee
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by mugamee »

robthemac wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:48 pm Finally got some time with my Iridium. Originally this was purchased as an excuse to dive deep into the world of tube amps, as I thought I would try modelling and hate it. I don't think this will be the case.

I spent a few hours tonight sitting on the floor with my pedalboard, playing along to backing tracks through the Iridium. Just headphones, no speakers or PA. Not once did I get the urge to plug into a 'real' amp. The Iridium just sounded right. I could quickly get multiple tones I liked with each of the amp options. It was freakishly responsive to playing dynamics. I'll try and record some examples this weekend of the variety available from just my Strat's volume knob.

Downsides? A couple of the cabs sound average at best. I haven't got an overdriven Fender tone that I'm happy with. The room knob can't replace a reverb pedal. I wish it had dual mono inputs rather than stereo. USB connectivity without ability to function as an interface seems to be a missed opportunity.
looking to buy one for late night use with headphones. what headphones are you using? headphones noob here so will need recommendations :)
Fuzz Face Forever...
Get in touch with me via Instagram: mugvug_and_ollie

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

robthemac wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:48 pm Finally got some time with my Iridium. Originally this was purchased as an excuse to dive deep into the world of tube amps, as I thought I would try modelling and hate it. I don't think this will be the case.

I've only had a few hours with mine but agree that the feel is great. I'm planning a wee board with the Keeley Caverns reverb-delay, an overdrive, and the Trio+. I want to learn a bit more about recording, DAWs an' the like, so that's what I've got it in mind for.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

https://www.rubbermonkey.co.nz/Strymon- ... -Cab-Pedal

Not too much more than the used price if anybody here's interested.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

mugamee wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:44 am
looking to buy one for late night use with headphones. what headphones are you using? headphones noob here so will need recommendations :)
Don't get me started on headphones. I'll talk for days.

I've been using the Shure SE846 mostly. Also used Sennheiser HD6XX, which are the go-to recommendation for mid-range open-back headphones. The Iridium sounded amazing with the Audeze LCD3F, but you could get several nice tube amps for that price.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Iridium up against some of its peers :thumbup:

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

jeremyb wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:08 pm Iridium up against some of its peers :thumbup:

Hmm might watch that :thumbup: I thought the Ampli-Firebox would be awesome and a few have popped up for not much money recently but then found no headphone out :shock:
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

chur wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:48 pm
jeremyb wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:08 pm Iridium up against some of its peers :thumbup:

Hmm might watch that :thumbup: I thought the Ampli-Firebox would be awesome and a few have popped up for not much money recently but then found no headphone out :shock:
They say in the video you can just plug headphones into the output :)