Strymon Iridium

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Re: Strymon Iridium

Post by Bg »

Molly wrote:
Bg wrote:
Molly wrote:
I've resigned myself to that not happening. :-( Only took me twenty years.
dude, I practiced so many deacon blue songs on guitar and bass, and I ended up being sick and not even making the gig. So if the callout happened it went to somebody way less deserving :( Maybe the Beautiful South, or whats left of them, will make it here and I can do the same...

I've given up hope of MSG making it here ;)
I often see one half of the Topp Twins in the local cafe so maybe I'll end up playing a country-yodeling band.
To be fair, you'd be on a good thing, I reckon the topp twins make money ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2487 times

Post by Slowy »

Bg wrote:
Molly wrote:
Delayman wrote:
Always good to have your potential rig mapped out in case the Black Crowes call though.
dude, I practiced so many deacon blue songs on guitar and bass, and I ended up being sick and not even making the gig. So if the callout happened it went to somebody way less deserving :( Maybe the Beautiful South, or whats left of them, will make it here and I can do the same...

Beautiful South! :thumbup: Now there's a cool band.
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2264 times
Been liked: 3907 times

Post by Bg »

Slowy wrote:
Bg wrote:
Molly wrote:

Beautiful South! :thumbup: Now there's a cool band.
Been following for many years, since the housemartins. Perfect song craftmanship.
I can do a perfect south falsetto too ;)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by KentNZ »

Did anyone else get one of these? I'm loving mine. Pretty sweet board right now, despite my ability to play it.
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1778 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

yep I bought one in December 19. it's been collecting dust ever since :lol:
thought the stock IRs were average, have some new IRs now but can't be arsed loading it in :lol:

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2488 times
Been liked: 2799 times

Post by Molly »

KNNZ wrote:yep I bought one in December 19. it's been collecting dust ever since :lol:
thought the stock IRs were average, have some new IRs now but can't be arsed loading it in :lol:
What's the clean like? Can you get a nice, sparkly Fender clean out of it? If you decide to flick it would you let me know? Ta

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1107 times
Been liked: 1423 times

Post by robthemac »

Molly wrote:
KNNZ wrote:yep I bought one in December 19. it's been collecting dust ever since :lol:
What's the clean like? Can you get a nice, sparkly Fender clean out of it? If you decide to flick it would you let me know? Ta
Join the queue, Molly.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

KentNZ wrote:Did anyone else get one of these? I'm loving mine. Pretty sweet board right now, despite my ability to play it.

Have you ever tried any Strymon pedals?
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

robthemac wrote:
KentNZ wrote:Did anyone else get one of these? I'm loving mine. Pretty sweet board right now, despite my ability to play it.

Have you ever tried any Strymon pedals?
We have a history together. :)
Larrivee 00 Acoustic. FAV Strat for electric. Ibanez SDGR5 for bass. Push for Ableton. When not doing that, 3D CAD for tunnels...

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

Plus there’s a Dig and a Big Sky on the acoustic board. The Big Sky will be coming to this board once I get a Duo24.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KNNZ »

Molly wrote:
sorry I won't be of much help! I think it depends on a few factors, your IRs, what speakers/headphones you're monitoring with and also how you tweak the knobs and switches, what I hear from the speakers sound different from my headphones, sounded pretty clean and sparkly on my headphones though, didn't quite like the "fender" tones coming out of my active speakers. My fav of the 3 amp setting is on the Punch mode :rofl:

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

Good IEMS or headphones and dialing up great sounds is pretty easy. Compared to trying to mic up a hot rod deluxe in the corner...I'm sure even easier.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by robthemac »

If anyone has one of these I could borrow for a week post-lockdown, I'd greatly appreciate it!

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KNNZ »

Chris Lawson is selling one on FB for $650, might be gone now, not sure, it was posted 11 hours ago at NZ Musicians trade and Exchange

KentNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by KentNZ »

Musicplanet have these at $799 retail, and 15% isn't too difficult to get if you ask nicely or have a relationship with them. That'll mean a new one for under $700. I do find people selling within 20% of new a bit cheeky, esp if they've purchased offshore and no PS included.