Completed Tweed Deluxe for Laurie!

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: Completed Tweed Deluxe for Laurie!

Post by Bg »

Reg18 wrote:
Mike Clayton wrote:
Conway wrote:I see you've just posted a video of a tweed with Celestion blue on the trademe thread. Well, there you've got an absolutely classic Vox style speaker with the tweed.
It's all a matter of taste - no right or wrong!
I use an Alnico Gold in a 1x12 Cab with my 5e3 and it sounds great to me, but I also favour more Chimey tones so take that with a grain of salt. I have a pair of small 6” speakers (Eminence ceramic and Weber Alnico) hiding in the head and that has a very boxy champ type vibe, which is also really cool! I’ve even used just the head at band practices with a drummer and it cuts through really really well!
Thats a cool idea!
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 391 times

Post by k1w1 »

The amp arrived this morning unmolested by the courier. What a beauty, lovely rich singing tone. Although I haven't had it at high volume the global scaling is going to be really useful for home use. I am going to have to have a play around with the controls as they really do give a wealth of sounds.

Mike and BG did a great job, the amp is quiet no noise at idle and looks great. Totally stoked with it, take a bow guys seriously nice work.

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

Cheers mate, that turned out really well, I like the power scaling idea! It seemed to work really well in the few minutes I played around with it :)
It also fits beautifully into a Mitre10 medium cardboard packing box! Thought I'd have to make one out of two...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1309 times
Been liked: 867 times

Post by MikeC »

k1w1 wrote:The amp arrived this morning unmolested by the courier. What a beauty, lovely rich singing tone. Although I haven't had it at high volume the global scaling is going to be really useful for home use. I am going to have to have a play around with the controls as they really do give a wealth of sounds.

Mike and BG did a great job, the amp is quiet no noise at idle and looks great. Totally stoked with it, take a bow guys seriously nice work.
Thanks Laurie, they are great amps and I'm glad you are happy with it :thumbup:
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

Bg
Site Admin

Post by Bg »

and welcome to the wonderful world of the tweed deluxe, the original tweakers dream. So many tones between two vols, a tone and a patch cable!
running mine into my vibrolux is awesome! Its not stereo - but its old school wet/dry

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

Loving the Tweed Deluxe world so far, figured out how to get that break up at living room volumes ... very musical dirt. Breaking out the patch cable after dinner. There are just so many tweaks from fat clean to dirt and back. That toggle for later break up and the power scaling are all kinds of useful.

MikeC
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1309 times
Been liked: 867 times

Post by MikeC »

I use an ABC box so I can set one channel up clean(ish) - the bright on volume 4-5, the other channel up dirty - volume around 10 & can select either channel or both combined. So 3 different sound choices with your ABC foot pedal. Use the Power Scaling to set the overall volume from bedroom to stage :)
Whakanuia o mea kei a koe

k1w1
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by k1w1 »

Well it has been nearly 3 weeks so the honeymoon is over. I have played this everyday and am gobsmacked at the amount of sounds I can get. This last week has been jumping channels ... oh boy that is fun. On the border of break up with a dash of reverb :D

I haven't really cranked it but that attenuation is gold. Yeah this one isn't going anywhere, it's a beauty.

ImageIMG_1899 by Laurie Franks, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1895 by Laurie Franks, on Flickr