HX Stomp,dialing it in and first impressions.

Discuss the stuff that makes your ears bleed.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Bg
Site Admin
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Re: HX Stomp,dialing it in and first impressions.

Post by Bg »

oh and plenty freebies on line6 of course
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

nztim
Squier
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by nztim »

Reg18 wrote:
KNNZ wrote:I'm using it for direct in. Really don't have the time for tweaking that's why I pay and buy presets because other people have spent lots of time with the tweaking! What do you use at home for the output? active monitors or headphones?
Just my Shure 215s at the moment as that’s what I’ll be listening through on Sunday mornings. I’m
Hoping the headphone out put will be the same sound as out of L&R or I just spent the afternoon tweaking for nothing!

I bought 1 of Alex S presets (from your recommendation) which is great and I may still use it tomorrow if mine turns out to be rubbish.
Just brought an HX Stomp. Keen to try in ear, what are the 215s' like? Isolation wise.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make."

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 928 times

Post by Reg18 »

nztim wrote:
Reg18 wrote:
KNNZ wrote:I'm using it for direct in. Really don't have the time for tweaking that's why I pay and buy presets because other people have spent lots of time with the tweaking! What do you use at home for the output? active monitors or headphones?
Just my Shure 215s at the moment as that’s what I’ll be listening through on Sunday mornings. I’m
Hoping the headphone out put will be the same sound as out of L&R or I just spent the afternoon tweaking for nothing!

I bought 1 of Alex S presets (from your recommendation) which is great and I may still use it tomorrow if mine turns out to be rubbish.
Just brought an HX Stomp. Keen to try in ear, what are the 215s' like? Isolation wise.
There ok but not amazing. I’m looking at some of the cheaper KZ AS10 ones at the moment. They have multiple drivers and sound better according to internet folklaw!
I’ll probably sell my 215s soon and try the KZs.

slash-ed
Resident Gear Whore
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 424 times

Post by slash-ed »

Just out of interest, can I ask why you guys are encountering difficulty dialing the Stomp in? Like, which aspect of it has been hard?
Just a small town girl living in a lonely world

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

nztim wrote: Just brought an HX Stomp. Keen to try in ear, what are the 215s' like? Isolation wise.
Isolation wise, SE215s do pretty well on a loud stage

nztim
Squier
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by nztim »

Cdog wrote:
nztim wrote: Just brought an HX Stomp. Keen to try in ear, what are the 215s' like? Isolation wise.
Isolation wise, SE215s do pretty well on a loud stage
Neat, I have tinnitus. So need to ensure the volume is a minimum. More worried about volume than sound quality, as anything has got to be better than the muffle of earplugs.

Will have a look at these.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make."

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

slash-ed wrote:Just out of interest, can I ask why you guys are encountering difficulty dialing the Stomp in? Like, which aspect of it has been hard?
I’ve only had the HX Stomp for less than a week so fine tuning it is bit of a learning curve compared to the 3 knobs on my 5e3! Things like the Bias, Bias x, and what he heck is ripple? They all alter the sound and interact with each other. Like turning up the Bias controls lowers the gain at the same time so there’s a few different ways of dialing in the gain than just turning up or down the drive knob.
I’m getting better and better sounds every time I go back to tweak it though! I will say it was sounding great at home but lacked a bit of cut once the full band kicked in on Sunday morning. Although I’m guessing this is solvable with some deep diving into the menus of the amp block or adding an EQ block.

Eruera
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Eruera »

Is there a graceful way of switching between clean and dirty sounds without a dropout? Or do you have to use two blocks for different amps?

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

Eruera wrote:Is there a graceful way of switching between clean and dirty sounds without a dropout? Or do you have to use two blocks for different amps?
I setup FS1 to turn up the gain on the amp when engaged and it’s seemless that way, I haven’t tried switching to a different amp mid song yet but I am finding switching what they call snapshots there is a noticeable drop out which is annoying.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

IRs make a big difference to the overall EQ as well, just spent some time uploading some different IRs from a collection I have from Tone Junkie, matchless 30 watt and 25 watt speakers in a 2x12 cab. The Royer 121 has noticeable more body to it on the same speaker and a slightly rolled off top end compared to say a SM57. Its like
Another EQ section almost.

Edit: in the video i use an own hammer 4x12 cab and the free Celestion IR at one point when I’m scrolling but I didn’t think they sounded quite right for this sound.
I may try some more of the Own Hammer ones though as people seem to rate their ones.

Apologies for my very un polished videos, I don’t have time to produce good quality videos and spend time with my wife and not neglect my kids!
So for now it’s straight into the iPhone!
One day I’ll figure out how to actual edit a video but that time isn’t this stage of life I’m afraid.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Stumbled upon this. Might be of interest. MBritt does great profiles for the Kemper and is now doing them for the HX Stomp.

https://mbritt.com/2019/04/06/finally-hx-stomp-presets/

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

Molly wrote:Stumbled upon this. Might be of interest. MBritt does great profiles for the Kemper and is now doing them for the HX Stomp.

I’ll defiantly have a look at his ones! Thanks for the link.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Reg18 wrote:
Molly wrote:Stumbled upon this. Might be of interest. MBritt does great profiles for the Kemper and is now doing them for the HX Stomp.

I wonder if there's an equivalent of the Kemper Rig Exchange whereby you can upload/download rigs for free.

KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1777 times
Been liked: 667 times

Post by KNNZ »

Molly wrote:
Reg18 wrote:

I wonder if there's an equivalent of the Kemper Rig Exchange whereby you can upload/download rigs for free.
Yes
https://line6.com/customtone/browse/hx_stomp/

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 255 times

Post by Lyle »

Reg18 wrote:

His profiles/IRs for the Helix are my go to.