Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7643 times
Been liked: 4147 times

Re: Much Eastman love....

Post by jeremyb »

MiniForklift wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:52 pm Got into Music Works in the city earlier in the week, spent some time with 386 and a 486 with Bigsby, can't say I was wowed with either. There seemed to be little resonance - you played a note or a chord and both died off pretty quickly and nothing really rang out. Maybe they're just like any other brand where not every one that comes out of the factory is a winner :cry: Apologies to rain on this thread
That one of Slowy's that I picked up was killer, you would have loved it!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Been liked: 364 times

Post by MiniForklift »

robthemac wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:54 pm The thing I love about this forum is the ability to shit on gear without people taking it too much to heart. It gives me more confidence in people's positive opinions.
Good to know, I was wary of that when I posted!
“𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧”

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MiniForklift »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:12 pm That one of Slowy's that I picked up was killer, you would have loved it!
A good guitar is a good guitar! There’s some GAS inducing ones in this thread, part of the reason I was having GAS for a nice semi (steady yourself Jeremy)

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

MiniForklift wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:49 pm
jeremyb wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:12 pm That one of Slowy's that I picked up was killer, you would have loved it!
A good guitar is a good guitar! There’s some GAS inducing ones in this thread, part of the reason I was having GAS for a nice semi (steady yourself Jeremy)
Sorry I only got solid for you Jim :-(
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

MiniForklift
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by MiniForklift »

robthemac wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:54 pm The thing I love about this forum is the ability to shit on gear without people taking it too much to heart. It gives me more confidence in people's positive opinions.
Hopefully it allows us to be authentic which in turn promotes genuineness amongst all of us that use the forum, especially where buying and selling is concerned

If I start to get GAS for a clownburst LP I know Rob is gonna look out for me and kick me into touch

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1102 times
Been liked: 1413 times

Post by robthemac »

MiniForklift wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:12 pm
Hopefully it allows us to be authentic which in turn promotes genuineness amongst all of us that use the forum, especially where buying and selling is concerned

If I start to get GAS for a clownburst LP I know Rob is gonna look out for me and kick me into touch
Deservedly.
Jops wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am Spring is the comic sans of reverbs anyway.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1002 times
Been liked: 2463 times

Post by Slowy »

MiniForklift wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:19 pm
Good to know, I was wary of that when I posted!
Pretty sure I got lucky with that one. I'm fussy and opinionated with guitars and I can't fault mine (except it's over decorated like a Liberace themed Chinese brothel.)
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

This is actually a true but cliche story.

The VHT has gone from me to robthemac and back again over the past several years. I never gelled with it and I don't think Rob did either. I sent it to Jay who definitely made improvements, but still it sat until I started thinking about moving it on.

But it was hanging around for the Eastman; they have become inseperable friends. I pair it with the Celestion Blue. The other cab is there because everything has to be somewhere. The pedalboard is there for band stuff but at home I plug straight in and it sounds glorious!

'Patience is a virtue' my Mum used to say. I don't feel particularly virtuous but I'm sure glad I was too lazy to put it on TM.
Keeper rig! :D

20230202_181552.jpg
20230202_181552.jpg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 3659 times
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3470 times
Been liked: 1082 times

Post by codedog »

That Eastman looks a million bucks! Love the chicken head knobs too.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

codedog wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:12 pm That Eastman looks a million bucks! Love the chicken head knobs too.
Yeah, it's way too blingy for my taste; I'm still not completely used to it. The knobs are purely functional but they work well. I can't imagine how I'd play without them. But I'm loving the sounds I get now. I'll try this with the Band tomorrow; if it works, all my Fenderish children may be taking an extended holiday.

H671
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by H671 »

Slowy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:23 pm
codedog wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:12 pm That Eastman looks a million bucks! Love the chicken head knobs too.
Yeah, it's way too blingy for my taste; I'm still not completely used to it. The knobs are purely functional but they work well. I can't imagine how I'd play without them. But I'm loving the sounds I get now. I'll try this with the Band tomorrow; if it works, all my Fenderish children may be taking an extended holiday.
Hmm!
That guitar would look great next to my Hagstrom Viking Bass.
Epiphone Riviera P93 & EJ200CE, Hagstrom Viking Bass, Doubleneck bass/guitar.
Rivera Clubster 45, Carvin AG100D, Ashton BSK158.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

H671 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:50 pm
Slowy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:23 pm
Hmm!
That guitar would look great next to my Hagstrom Viking Bass.
Sorry, I don't need a bass.
But thanks! :D

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

One thing I will say for the 335ish shape, it makes one appreciate how organically comfortable a Strat can be.

Candeevr4
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by Candeevr4 »

Slowy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:56 pm One thing I will say for the 335ish shape, it makes one appreciate how organically comfortable a Strat can be.
Jazzmasters are more comfortable than strats... Just saying.. :wink:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:56 pm One thing I will say for the 335ish shape, it makes one appreciate how organically comfortable a Strat can be.
Now you’ve got a 335 I’m looking forward to you getting an Ibanez superstrat with shark fin inlays and reverse headstock!