meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 245 times

Re: Free DAW plugins

Post by Capt. Black »

benderissimo wrote:Here's another rad one:

Bark of Dog:
http://bozdigitallabs.com/product/bark-of-dog/

It's a bass resonance filter (I believe it's an emulation of the Little Labs VOG- Voice Of God) and is great for adding a bit of low end oomph without turning your sound to mush. Cool on vocals, great on kick drums and fucking amazing on explosions.
Thanks for these links Bendy!

I followed this one up and grabbed a couple others he does.
There's another Boz plugin called Panther which can be used to manipulate independently, each channel of a stereo pair. Which is pretty cool. It also has a Mid/Side mode and sample delay built in. Woohoo! Have a look at this demo video for one example what you can do with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... XXcroViJnA

This qualifies here because you get it with trial license which means it is free but has has a nag screen when you launch an instance of the plugin. No big deal considering it has no other restrictions at all.

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by druz15 »

Need a good plate reverb again I had one that was being given away free for limited time.. but old dead mac
Capt. Black wrote:
druz15 wrote:just replaced my dead iMac with a new MBP so when I can afford Logic X might have to sweep through this thread again and pick some stuff up. gutted cause I had some really good plugins on my old computer which I don't think I'll be able to get back off it.
Have you still got the dead mac?
What was the cause of death?
If the drive is still intact you should be able to surgically remove it and hook it up to a HDD life support machine long enough to migrate your old data to a new computer.
this is a possibility but COD was a PSU frying I believe (one day it just didn't start up at all) and recovering stuff is quite possible but a mate is going to do it and it could take a while
BG wrote:I don't care if you worship god or you worship goats cocks

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by druz15 »

druz15 wrote:Need a good plate reverb again I had one that was being given away free for limited time.. but old dead mac
actually wtf am I talking about I own a Bigsky, plugins can suck a fat one

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Free DAW plugins

Post by Capt. Black »

druz15 wrote:Need a good plate reverb again I had one that was being given away free for limited time.. but old dead mac
Capt. Black wrote:
druz15 wrote:just replaced my dead iMac with a new MBP so when I can afford Logic X might have to sweep through this thread again and pick some stuff up. gutted cause I had some really good plugins on my old computer which I don't think I'll be able to get back off it.
Have you still got the dead mac?
What was the cause of death?
If the drive is still intact you should be able to surgically remove it and hook it up to a HDD life support machine long enough to migrate your old data to a new computer.
this is a possibility but COD was a PSU frying I believe (one day it just didn't start up at all) and recovering stuff is quite possible but a mate is going to do it and it could take a while
If you can get the drive out, it shouldn't take too long.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

druz15 wrote: this is a possibility but COD was a PSU frying I believe (one day it just didn't start up at all) and recovering stuff is quite possible but a mate is going to do it and it could take a while
If you remove the drive, you can simply mount it in an external enclosure and it'll be all good. The other cool thing is that you can put that drive in a different mac and it'll boot (assuming the the drive is fine) just like your old one.

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by druz15 »

cheers that sounds doable will see what I can do.
Just realised Logic X is 64bit only which means all of the ones I downloaded yesterday won't work.
Dammit, love those stillwell compressors

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Free DAW plugins

Post by Capt. Black »

Yeah, what Ben mentioned is right. If the drive is good you can usually boot another computer off it. In some case though, you may need to run a system installer to install the right boot rom for the mac you're using. It's not a big full install or anything major. Just a tickle up to make it work.
The advantage of this is that you can carry on working with everything you had before and not be forced to reinstall software or go through any set ups for the things you use.

Re. Stillwell. Yeah it's a shame their stuff has never been updated to 64bit. I really liked a lot of their stuff and used it all the time.
Fortunately, since I have a fair bit of high quality paid plugins these days, I'm not short of stuff to do the job as well or betterer, so I don't miss them too much.
Plus, logic X has plenty off goodness to it that it's hard to go back but at least logic 9 can happily coexist if there's something I need to go back to rework.

druz15
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by druz15 »

Capt. Black wrote:Yeah, what Ben mentioned is right. If the drive is good you can usually boot another computer off it. In some case though, you may need to run a system installer to install the right boot rom for the mac you're using. It's not a big full install or anything major. Just a tickle up to make it work.
The advantage of this is that you can carry on working with everything you had before and not be forced to reinstall software or go through any set ups for the things you use.

Re. Stillwell. Yeah it's a shame their stuff has never been updated to 64bit. I really liked a lot of their stuff and used it all the time.
Fortunately, since I have a fair bit of high quality paid plugins these days, I'm not short of stuff to do the job as well or betterer, so I don't miss them too much.
Plus, logic X has plenty off goodness to it that it's hard to go back but at least logic 9 can happily coexist if there's something I need to go back to rework.
yeah I don't need to boot from it really as I'm using Mavericks now, just need to recover a few files and things here and there (mostly the amp layouts I was working on) most of the important stuff is on my external HD.

Haven't had much of a play with logic yet, most of the stuff is still downloading, looks like the standard compressors/reverbs are pretty similar to Logic 8 but the full system should be downloaded and running when I get home so looking forward to trying out what it has to offer.
Impressed with what I've seen so far, very intuitive. Only had to consult the manual two or 3 times to figure out how to do stuff thats changed from 8&9

Headless
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Headless »

Bootsie from Variety of Sound offers some superb freebies - easily the equal of many paid for plugins IMO. The only drawback is that they are currently only 32 bit (actually I have a feeling they are Windows only too - dunno really as I've moved away from Mac) but I run them fine in 64 bit Reaper on my PC.

There are quite a few available but my favs are:

Nasty DLA - Echo/Chorus/Tape Delay

FerricTDS - Tape Simulator & Compressor

ThrillseekerLA - Compressor

Density mkII - Bus Compressor

epicVerb - Reverb - this is great

Get them here: Variety of Sound
It really pays to read the tips & tricks for each plugin to get the most out of them - setting correct levels etc. They are all 'character' plugins so great for colouration even if you don't use the actual effect.

Headless
Stagg
Stagg

Post by Headless »

benderissimo wrote:A non-apple mac aka hackintosh is never going to be as stable as a proper mac. The stability is partly to do with the fact that there are a very limited number of hardware variations (as opposed to the almost infinite windowz variations). That being said, I'm seriously considering a hackintosh as my next studio computer.
I went the Mac & Logic route for several years and my MBP (the Rolls Royce of laptops supposedly) was the least reliable computer I've ever owned. It certainly wasn't as stable as the Windows 7 systems I've had and the battery shat itself after 43 charge cycles (and bloody Apple wouldn't honour the warranty). I was also never particularly impressed with the performance even running audio from a firewire 800 drive. Overall I was left pretty disappointed. Now I am a Reaper convert running it on a reasonably fast PC and for the most part, couldn't be happier. I do miss some of the logic plugins though - they really have pretty much everything covered.

So yeah, I considered the hackintosh route but now I just don't see the point. My latest PC I actually built to hackintosh specs, and is all ready for the OSX install, but I don't think it will happen now.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

Headless wrote:
benderissimo wrote:A non-apple mac aka hackintosh is never going to be as stable as a proper mac. The stability is partly to do with the fact that there are a very limited number of hardware variations (as opposed to the almost infinite windowz variations). That being said, I'm seriously considering a hackintosh as my next studio computer.
I went the Mac & Logic route for several years and my MBP (the Rolls Royce of laptops supposedly) was the least reliable computer I've ever owned. It certainly wasn't as stable as the Windows 7 systems I've had and the battery shat itself after 43 charge cycles (and bloody Apple wouldn't honour the warranty). I was also never particularly impressed with the performance even running audio from a firewire 800 drive. Overall I was left pretty disappointed. Now I am a Reaper convert running it on a reasonably fast PC and for the most part, couldn't be happier. I do miss some of the logic plugins though - they really have pretty much everything covered.

So yeah, I considered the hackintosh route but now I just don't see the point. My latest PC I actually built to hackintosh specs, and is all ready for the OSX install, but I don't think it will happen now.
I've had the exact opposite experience myself. Macs have always been bullet-proof for me, apart from the 2011 MPB I had that developed a WiFi fault and got replaced for free outside of its warranty period (with a newer and better one). The PCs I've owned and used professionally on the other hand have require huge amounts of care and attention to remain reliable and when they do go wrong, it's been catastrophically so. So clearly YMMV. I'd consider a Hackintosh as my secondary computer, but only because I could keep it completely free of anything but audio software.

NZRS-Dave
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by NZRS-Dave »

Got this today ...

Hi David,

Thought you should know that Waves is having a ONE DAY SALE on Kramer Master Tape - Native.

This plug-in normally sells for $200 and Today it is only $29...And that's NOT a typo!

This offer will not be available after today.

Get it HERE

Or using this link:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EKMastTapeNat/

Sincerely,
Matt - (800) 222-4700 ext. 1659
Yup - that's me and my pal Steve or little stevie vai as I like to call him. In Auckland airport when I was 26. I'm not 26 anymore.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Capt. Black »

Here's a couple pf cool plugins free from Boz Labs

Tilty Wilty appears similar to one of Benderissimo's favorite EQs. It's free until June the 9th, so get in quick. also has possibly the best interface ever drawn.

http://www.bozdigitallabs.com

The other is called Panipulator. Checks mono compatibility. Not unique but has a couple extra features which others I have seen don't have.

http://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/panipulator/#

Front panel -
Screenshot 2014-06-07 22.49.16.png
Rear panel -
Screenshot 2014-06-07 22.49.29.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Capt. Black
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Free DAW plugins

Post by Capt. Black »

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-pa ... -code.html

A big one!

All formats, not just for pro tools.

bender
Darth Fader