dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 384 times

Re: Free DAW plugins

Post by dayl »

chur wrote:Since I'll likely never own a real EVH amp, this might be worth a looksie

https://ml-sound-lab.com/

Update tried it, very cool, defo no clean sounds! Ran it though my wall of sound for the CAB's and man its a low endy gainy beast.
Was thinking about grabbinng these. thanbks for link

Scooter13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Scooter13 »

Yep
I chucked both those on a demo track last night. Phoar. And i own an evh amp and quad haha. Should try the preamp from my real amp in to the wall of sound sometime

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 558 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Mattallica »

Kris wrote:
Mattallica wrote:Yep but they are good ones. I think they are better value over regular IRs. They have some nice bundles too. I really like the official Laney cabs they have.
Which 15" cabs are you using?
whoops,forgot to reply! running the ONE (12" and 15"),dual BW ,twill 15';and AZ ben which is an 18" but,well its not a v30!
I have used none of those! you'll be happy with the free cab that was released this week then?

I don't mind the v30 ones. The uberkab v30/t75 is cool. I'm finding i like heritage speaker variants the most. I've gone for one cab of each speaker celestion speaker type. Next to suss out the Eminence cabs...

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

yeah gotta say ive actually spent a little more time with it because of this thread-and it is really pretty good!
I dont really get why v30's are so loved,they are everywhere and i like going in the opposite direction to the general populace.probably why i like blue marvels (eminence) so much haha.Oh and t75's.
Was just jamming that fluff EVH into W.O.S just now.Pretty good stuff!

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Post by chur »

Scooter13 wrote:Yep
I chucked both those on a demo track last night. Phoar. And i own an evh amp and quad haha. Should try the preamp from my real amp in to the wall of sound sometime
Sound kinda similar? I quickly used it the other day, but ended up spending the best part of an hour chugging and noodling away. Made me smile.

Then I go down the rabbit hole of buggering around with different IR's...
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

Scooter13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Scooter13 »

Similar to the red channel dialled right up yep. EVH uses greenbacks so in to v30 you get that modern metal sound rather than the 80s metal/rock sound.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 201 times

Post by jhyang549 »

If anybody is looking for a good free reel-to-reel analog tape emulation plugin, check out Chow Tape Model. It is available for Windows, Mac, Linux and iOs (iPhone and iPad).

jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai

Post by jhyang549 »

Supermassive is a free VST from ValhallaDSP. It's designed for massive reverbs, harmonic echoes and general space sounds. You can download it for free here (find Super Massive at the bottom and choose either MAC or Windows). No registration is needed. Just unzip and install.

Aside: ValhallaDSP makes wonderful reverb and modulation VSTs. I own VintageVerb (it's my default reverb send effect), which is 9 classic digital reverbs and 3 color modes inspired by the most beloved reverb hardware from the 1970s and 1980s. All their commercial plugins are $50 USD each and they never go on sale (so if you want to buy it don't wait for Black Friday. Edit : maybe wait until the USD isn't stupidly strong against the NZD actually).

jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai

Post by jhyang549 »

BBC Symphony Orchestra Discover is a free orchestral plugin. You can find it here.

BBC Symphony Orchestra Discover, which was developed in close collaboration with BBC Studios, is described by Spitfire as a “straightforward and inspiring gateway into orchestral composition” that comes in a small 200MB package.

The library offers 33 instruments, spanning strings, brass, woodwinds and percussion, which can be applied to media composing and producing. These all fit within Spitfire’s own plug-in interface, which works with most major DAWs, from Reaper to Presonus One to Ableton Live.

For the YouTube video, skip to 1:27 if you want to hear a short orchestral piece using the plugin exclusively.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Massive bunch of free drum machines from Reverb.com: https://reverb.com/software/samples-and ... collection

jhyang549
Tokai
Tokai

Post by jhyang549 »

Here's a website that you can download free impulse responses modelling guitar cabinets:

http://www.grgr.de/IR/

No sign-up required. No pseudo store-checkout "$0 product" BS. Just click and download.

dayl
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 384 times

Post by dayl »

HEY .. so um... does anyone know of any decent free vocal manipulation effects?

I walked out of work yesterday and when the GM contacted me, I told him I wouldn't be in today.....

So I have a meeting first thing Monday.... and I've down loaded an audio recorder so I can capture the meeting and need some effects for his voice for when I make a supercut/edit of the meeting.

Cheers