Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 539 times
Been liked: 198 times

Re: Swaps Thread

Post by Mattallica »

IMOCD wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:30 am
Mattallica wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:29 am Want to swap my zebra SD Jazz bridge model for a black one, or my black Dimarzio HFH for a zebra one.
Ive installed them in the Ibby 339 style guitar but I don't like the mismatched look.
The old chrome stock covers don't have the right pole piece alignment.
Worst case is i try source some suitably reliced covers to match the old ones. PITA when one is duncan and the other dimarzio
I know it's not what you are after, but would a black JB SH-4 interest you?
Nah sorry mate, I have other black pickups I could use but really after these two for the low output goodness/experience

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 623 times

Post by StratMatt »

A recently acquired EP boost serves a similar function to my Klon I'm finding. EP boost for SP comp or similar anyone?
Loving it so far

IMOCD
Gibson
Has liked: 265 times
Been liked: 129 times

Post by IMOCD »

StratMatt wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:53 pm A recently acquired EP boost serves a similar function to my Klon I'm finding. EP boost for SP comp or similar anyone?
Pigtronix Philosophers Tone?

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

IMOCD wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:26 pm
StratMatt wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:53 pm A recently acquired EP boost serves a similar function to my Klon I'm finding. EP boost for SP comp or similar anyone?
Pigtronix Philosophers Tone?
Reckon that will fit the bill. Is it the micro or the sideways model?
Loving it so far

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by StratMatt »

Now, this is a long shot. I have a Schecter KM7 Mkii which I'd like to swap for a Multi Watt Dual Rec :shifty: anyone have a spare one laying about?
Loving it so far

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 610 times
Been liked: 286 times

Post by jimi »

Mattallica wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:29 am Want to swap my zebra SD Jazz bridge model for a black one, or my black Dimarzio HFH for a zebra one.
Ive installed them in the Ibby 339 style guitar but I don't like the mismatched look.
Worst case is i try source some suitably reliced covers to match the old ones. PITA when one is duncan and the other dimarzio
Sounds like a job for the old black vivid to me ;)

Mattallica
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 539 times
Been liked: 198 times

Post by Mattallica »

jimi wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:26 am
Sounds like a job for the old black vivid to me ;)
Ha, the risk would be it ends up looking worse! Unless someone has photo evidence of doing this

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 5354 times
Been liked: 2861 times

Post by jeremyb »

You can buy stickers for bobbins to change them to whatever colour you want :thumbup:
The one about the fucking hairdresser, the space hairdresser and the cowboy. The guy, he's got a tin foil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego! They're all made of fucking Lego.

vinylguy
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by vinylguy »

I have a brand new Tungsol 6V6GT Id like to swap for a 6L6 if anyone has one spare. Prefer new but used and OK is good too.

sambo
Greg Bennet
Greg Bennet

Post by sambo »

Ibanez Prestige RG852 in galaxy black
(8 string)

Like new, barely played
https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace ... f=nPBwEtTB

Would swap for high gain amps/ strats/teles

Mr Davison
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Mr Davison »

Your Splawn super comp or nitro for my Jackson DK1?
Sonic mayhem unleashed

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 5354 times
Been liked: 2861 times

Post by jeremyb »

Anyone with a polytune mini want to swap for a boss tu-3?
The one about the fucking hairdresser, the space hairdresser and the cowboy. The guy, he's got a tin foil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego! They're all made of fucking Lego.

standardfour
Greg Bennet
Greg Bennet
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by standardfour »

Potentially just kicking tyres, maybe lockdown has fried my circuit board, but I’m thinking I want a Jazzmaster. Ideally something American with a rosewood neck. I could part with an American Strat with an all rosewood neck or a 1969-70 Gibson J50 (this one has been discussed on the forum before, it started life as a lefty, has had a new nut and pickguard installed but still needs a bridge swap to be true right-handed). Any annoying Jazzmasters need to be rehomed?

Starfire
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 177 times
Been liked: 381 times

Post by Starfire »

standardfour wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:34 pm Potentially just kicking tyres, maybe lockdown has fried my circuit board, but I’m thinking I want a Jazzmaster. Ideally something American with a rosewood neck. I could part with an American Strat with an all rosewood neck or a 1969-70 Gibson J50 (this one has been discussed on the forum before, it started life as a lefty, has had a new nut and pickguard installed but still needs a bridge swap to be true right-handed). Any annoying Jazzmasters need to be rehomed?
Good luck! I could probably count on one hand the number of offsets of any kind I've seen for sale in NZ in the last couple of years. They seem to be going for crazy money these days. I just checked what I paid for mine in April last year, and I think I got it for a pretty good price.

Are you looking for vintage style/spec or happy with one of the more modern offerings? Seems like you need the better part of $4K to get one of either flavour, going by what's on Reverb and eBay.

standardfour
Greg Bennet
Greg Bennet
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by standardfour »

Starfire wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:26 pm
standardfour wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:34 pm Potentially just kicking tyres, maybe lockdown has fried my circuit board, but I’m thinking I want a Jazzmaster. Ideally something American with a rosewood neck. I could part with an American Strat with an all rosewood neck or a 1969-70 Gibson J50 (this one has been discussed on the forum before, it started life as a lefty, has had a new nut and pickguard installed but still needs a bridge swap to be true right-handed). Any annoying Jazzmasters need to be rehomed?
Good luck! I could probably count on one hand the number of offsets of any kind I've seen for sale in NZ in the last couple of years. They seem to be going for crazy money these days. I just checked what I paid for mine in April last year, and I think I got it for a pretty good price.

Are you looking for vintage style/spec or happy with one of the more modern offerings? Seems like you need the better part of $4K to get one of either flavour, going by what's on Reverb and eBay.
I think you’re spot on, I’ve been keeping an eye out for one for quite some time and they do seem few and far between. I’d prefer vintage spec, an AVRI would be great, but standard would also work, personally not a big fan of the neck binding and fret inlays, just dots for me.

Just been looking through the offset chat, if that gold one on there is the one you got last year....very nice work.