Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 393 times
Been liked: 602 times

Re: WTB: SPLAWN SUPER COMP OR NITRO

Post by hamo »

Mr Davison wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:40 am
Kris wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:42 am i had the splawn X-cab version of the bogner-or one of them at least( man-o war and guv'nors).Sold it cheap and then that punisher bower got it for meth pricing....bloody makes ya seethe in ya trackies i tells ya.
Who do you play with? trying to rack my brain if i saw a splawn on stage down here haha!
IMG20210609012441.jpg
Up until a couple of years ago I was grinding my way thru life with one of these grind luminaries. Nowadays I simply whore myself out for a few cover gigs, although thats gonna die off also as I head up to Northland in 3 months. Tumbleweeds on! Then again Kataia could be full of bogans itching to get their grind on, here's hoping
Did nobody tell Black Sabbath (Auckland) that the name was already taken? :lol:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

Mr Davison
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 75 times

Post by Mr Davison »

Jops wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:56 am Man, you must've done something real bad to end up in Kaitaia this side of eternity...
Probably not as bad as it sounds. I've just purchased a glorious large property on the Karikari Peninsula. Over a hectare of land, 5 bedroom house with full commercial bar installed by previous owner & a 5 minute walk to the beach. My life revolves around my dogs, loud guitars and land based fishing, this is certainly the place for all that!
Sonic mayhem unleashed

Mr Davison
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Mr Davison »

hamo wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:26 am
Did nobody tell Black Sabbath (Auckland) that the name was already taken? :lol:
Hard to make out but it's actually Black Metal Sabbath & they are brilliant! Made up of very talented musicians from various bands who always put on a great show. Highly recommended!
Sonic mayhem unleashed

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 2907 times

Post by Molly »

Mr Davison wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:53 am
Jops wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:56 am Man, you must've done something real bad to end up in Kaitaia this side of eternity...
Probably not as bad as it sounds. I've just purchased a glorious large property on the Karikari Peninsula. Over a hectare of land, 5 bedroom house with full commercial bar installed by previous owner & a 5 minute walk to the beach. My life revolves around my dogs, loud guitars and land based fishing, this is certainly the place for all that!
Fuck me. That sounds fantastic.

Early retirement or can you work up there ok?

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 680 times
Been liked: 489 times

Post by robthemac »

My favourite part of the country. I did a couple of gigs at the winery up there. Crazy nice, and not as ostentatious as Auckland-area wineries.

Northland gearfest? I think there are five regular forumites in the wider region.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

Molly wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:08 am

International diamond smugglers can work from anywhere.

Mr Davison
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Mr Davison »

Molly wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:08 am

Early retirement, having just sold our mortgage free house in Auckland has put us in a very good position. I was a panelbeater by trade & the new property has a 6 bay shed so in the future I will look at restoring american muscle cars/aussie gt's as there is big demand for these types of vehicles & it's something I enjoy doing. My partner is an ECE teacher & there is work for her if she wants it. Always planned on doing this but selling the house for an incredible price (read average Ak pricing) has put me ahead of where I thought I was at by at least a few years.
I'm just turned 44! but the magic happened when I purchased my Ak property for $209k in 2001
Sonic mayhem unleashed

Mr Davison
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Mr Davison »

robthemac wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:28 am
My favourite part of the country. I did a couple of gigs at the winery up there. Crazy nice, and not as ostentatious as Auckland-area wineries.

Northland gearfest? I think there are five regular forumites in the wider region.
Brilliant, I like the sound of that. Have bar & 4 spare bedrooms! Was looking at pinball machines & pool tables last night, that's my kind of furniture!!
Sonic mayhem unleashed

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by hamo »

Mr Davison wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:43 am

Brilliant, I like the sound of that. Have bar & 4 spare bedrooms! Was looking at pinball machines & pool tables last night, that's my kind of furniture!!
Fuck yeah, I love pinball. 8) They have the Iron Maiden one down at Brewtown, I really ought to get there more often.

Mr Davison
Ashton
Ashton

Post by Mr Davison »

hamo wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:46 am
Mr Davison wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:43 am

Fuck yeah, I love pinball. 8) They have the Iron Maiden one down at Brewtown, I really ought to get there more often.
The brand new Led Zeppelin machine is available and has piqued my interest. A pinball machine fore the good times,bad times...
Sonic mayhem unleashed

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 2907 times

Post by Molly »

Mr Davison wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:38 am

Early retirement, having just sold our mortgage free house in Auckland has put us in a very good position. I was a panelbeater by trade & the new property has a 6 bay shed so in the future I will look at restoring american muscle cars/aussie gt's as there is big demand for these types of vehicles & it's something I enjoy doing. My partner is an ECE teacher & there is work for her if she wants it. Always planned on doing this but selling the house for an incredible price (read average Ak pricing) has put me ahead of where I thought I was at by at least a few years.
I'm just turned 44! but the magic happened when I purchased my Ak property for $209k in 2001
You know you're not making any friends here... LOL. That all sounds fantastic. Glad it's worked out so well for you.

Meanwhile, back in Canterbury I'm chipping away at a major renovation in the hope of getting a modest leg-up before I keel-over.

:-(

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

murky wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:08 am
The Scarecrow wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:16 pm
I've got a white QR. Older '05 model according to Scott Splawn (emailed them and got a reply direct from him) before they change the mid control on the clean channel to a gain.
That’ll be my old one! Bought it in direct when they were the next big thing on TGP, and before CAB got in on the action. Was probably the first in the country.....

I recall forcing myself to choose between it, and my silver jubilee. The Jube won....

My recollection is it was real smooth. And thick in the lower mids. Nice amp all up. Say hi from me.
Would've been about 8-10 years ago? I think I came and tried it somewhere in Remuera/Epsom, loved it and had to explain to my partner at the time why i'd come home with it :lol:

Recollection is accurate. Has this incredibly lively feel to it, and sounds like a beast without a stupid amount of gain. I usually sit around 11-noon on the gain dial in mode 3 for my current band and use the solo boost to notch it up when required.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

FYI, I'm NOT Scarecrow101 on Trade Me.... just The_Scarecrow :mental:

murky
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by murky »

The Scarecrow wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:39 pm
Would've been about 8-10 years ago? I think I came and tried it somewhere in Remuera/Epsom, loved it and had to explain to my partner at the time why i'd come home with it :lol:

Recollection is accurate. Has this incredibly lively feel to it, and sounds like a beast without a stupid amount of gain. I usually sit around 11-noon on the gain dial in mode 3 for my current band and use the solo boost to notch it up when required.
Ha ha. Reuben! Didn't realise it was you. Nice to know it's still in good hands.....!

This seems appropriate..... :D
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 2.06.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 2.06.52 PM.png (943.98 KiB) Viewed 181 times

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 960 times
Been liked: 783 times

Post by Jay »

I am sure that is my ex...