Prelude to a thought of a possible tyre kick (maybe) - Charvel? Wolfgang? Musicman

Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 313 times

Re: Prelude to a thought of a possible tyre kick (maybe) - Charvel? Wolfgang? Musicman

Post by WellyBlues »

Not sure why being made in Indonesia is a turn off. PRS SE's and a squillion other brands get stuff made in Indonesia by Cortek (Cort) and others. Build quality is usually good from my understanding. Each to their own but unless your budget allows American made your choices are Asian made one way or another.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 205 times

Re: Prelude to a thought of a possible tyre kick (maybe) - Charvel? Wolfgang? Musicman

Post by Lyle »

I've played a few Sterlings and they've been great for the price. I had an Ax40d where I sanded the neck and gave it the tru-oil treatment to make it more like an Axis.

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by matman »

WellyBlues wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:26 pm Not sure why being made in Indonesia is a turn off. PRS SE's and a squillion other brands get stuff made in Indonesia by Cortek (Cort) and others. Build quality is usually good from my understanding. Each to their own but unless your budget allows American made your choices are Asian made one way or another.
I guess I was always under the impression that USA/Japan>Korea>Mexico>Indonesia>China>India but I've never really played anything from Indonesia so that's a big assumption.

I did try a (Indonesian) Sterling at RS recently and the neck was really nice (was in desperate need of a set up though, but then so were the Charvel and the US Music Man I tried)
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 5356 times
Been liked: 2865 times

Post by jeremyb »

I’ve played a number of Indonesian guitars which were better than some Mexican fenders…
The one about the fucking hairdresser, the space hairdresser and the cowboy. The guy, he's got a tin foil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego! They're all made of fucking Lego.

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by matman »

Turns out I was doing more than tyre kicking! Upcoming NGD! Not exactly what I’d said I was looking for but I’m super stoked about it anyway!

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 514 times
Been liked: 623 times

Post by StratMatt »

What is iiiiiiiit
Loving it so far

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by matman »

StratMatt wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:39 pm What is iiiiiiiit
I’ll post something when it arrives. It’s related to my op but not exactly.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 450 times
Been liked: 679 times

Post by hamo »

matman wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:02 pm
Double bass then? :mrgreen:
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by matman »

hamo wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:41 pm
matman wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:02 pm
Double bass then? :mrgreen:
Cello baby!

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 313 times

Post by WellyBlues »

Well, dah, a Strat obviously. Other than a Tele, what else would you need?

Teeheehee.
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by matman »

Before I read BG’s post on the lockdown thread I was going to say that the biggest tragedy of our current state is that I have to wait for my NGD. Here’s what’s coming (though not what I paid) https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/i ... 310350426/

...not a strat or a (shudder) Tele

I’ve wanted a Music Man for a long time but I never thought I’d be able to afford one.

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 205 times

Post by Lyle »

matman wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:35 pm Before I read BG’s post on the lockdown thread I was going to say that the biggest tragedy of our current state is that I have to wait for my NGD. Here’s what’s coming (though not what I paid) https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/i ... 310350426/

I’ve wanted a Music Man for a long time but I never thought I’d be able to afford one.
Awesome!

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 514 times
Been liked: 623 times

Post by StratMatt »

matman wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:35 pm Before I read BG’s post on the lockdown thread I was going to say that the biggest tragedy of our current state is that I have to wait for my NGD. Here’s what’s coming (though not what I paid) https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/i ... 310350426/

Looks awesome man :thumbup:
Loving it so far

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by matman »

Finally arrived today! Haven’t had a chance to plug it in yet but sounds great unamped and the neck is super comfy. Totally stoked with it so far.
https://ibb.co/FB2VVbr