Prelude to a thought of a possible tyre kick (maybe) - Charvel? Wolfgang? Musicman

Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 25 times

Prelude to a thought of a possible tyre kick (maybe) - Charvel? Wolfgang? Musicman

Post by matman »

Big number anniversary of my 21st coming up in a couple of months and I'm looking at options for something suitably cool to mark the occassion. My super definite topic title is due to the fact that I'm not sure what my spouse approved budget will be and whether it will get me into NGD territory. Just in case it does, I'm just wondering if there's anything likely to be available out there in forumland in the way of an HH, maple neck and fingerboard, floyded Charvel (US or Japan) or Peavey/EVH Wolfgang? I'd also be interested in anything musicman with a trem (even if not floyd).

I've got my rosewood fingerboar/fixed bridge bases covered with my Ash built Fireman replica and Burny LP and am not into single coils so something maple neck with a trem would seems to be the obvious direction. I love the necks on the Charvels and Wolfs I've tried.
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 182 times

Re: Prelude to a thought of a possible tyre kick (maybe) - Charvel? Wolfgang? Musicman

Post by Lyle »

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 276065399/ does that link work? A bit beat up but seems like an OK price for a US model?

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Re: Prelude to a thought of a possible tyre kick (maybe) - Charvel? Wolfgang? Musicman

Post by matman »

Lyle wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:15 pm https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 276065399/ does that link work? A bit beat up but seems like an OK price for a US model?
Yeah that’s the flavour! There’s a red one on TM at the moment too. Just watching atm with fingers crossed that the planets align.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 4853 times
Been liked: 2628 times

Post by jeremyb »

The Wolfgang Standards are incredible value! https://www.andertons.co.uk/evh-wolfgan ... ght-sunset

Or a San Dimas Pro Mod https://www.andertons.co.uk/charvel-pro ... blue-frost if you have a bit more to spend...
Cause I’m bigger than my body gives me credit for…

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by matman »

jeremyb wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:41 pm The Wolfgang Standards are incredible value! https://www.andertons.co.uk/evh-wolfgan ... ght-sunset

Or a San Dimas Pro Mod https://www.andertons.co.uk/charvel-pro ... blue-frost if you have a bit more to spend...
I actually hadn’t thought of Andertons or Thomann - definitely could be an option

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 575 times

Post by StratMatt »

I don't think they will ship Charvel to NZ, I was looking at them recently as well.
"It's called music theory, not music fact" - EVH

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 4853 times
Been liked: 2628 times

Post by jeremyb »

StratMatt wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:39 am I don't think they will ship Charvel to NZ, I was looking at them recently as well.
They might say that on the website but if you contact them directly about it you may get another answer :) I think its unfair to not be able to import models which the local importers don't bring in or have no stock of!
Cause I’m bigger than my body gives me credit for…

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Lyle »

matman wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:13 pm
Lyle wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:15 pm https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 276065399/ does that link work? A bit beat up but seems like an OK price for a US model?
Yeah that’s the flavour! There’s a red one on TM at the moment too. Just watching atm with fingers crossed that the planets align.
Do you want floating or dive only floyd? I think the newer ones are floating but older models (like the Facebook link) are dive only.

Optical
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Optical »

I have a 2017 San Dimas, it's floating. Great guitar too, similar to that marketplace pro-mod

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by matman »

Lyle wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:34 am
matman wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:13 pm
Do you want floating or dive only floyd? I think the newer ones are floating but older models (like the Facebook link) are dive only.
I think either/or. I've never owned a guitar with a trem of any description so it will be something new in any case.

hamo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 397 times
Been liked: 605 times

Post by hamo »

I always wanted that model/colour one that's on the Facebook, great guitars. Price v condition of that one seems a bit meh though.

I love mine that I bought off Matt, it's floating and has a D-tuna, which makes it super versatile. I think it's a Japanese one, but I'm buggered if I can remember the difference between the USA and Japan models, I know it wasn't much - something to do with the frets maybe?
Aquila Rosso wrote:I don't a mind an iced tea rimjob one little bit :congrats:
Molly wrote:Trousers are no substitute for talent
druz wrote:I present to you, the whogivesafuckocaster

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by matman »

hamo wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:15 pm I always wanted that model/colour one that's on the Facebook, great guitars. Price v condition of that one seems a bit meh though.

I love mine that I bought off Matt, it's floating and has a D-tuna, which makes it super versatile. I think it's a Japanese one, but I'm buggered if I can remember the difference between the USA and Japan models, I know it wasn't much - something to do with the frets maybe?
Yeah Tonemaker had one that I played when he was still here in NZ and it was awesome to play. Love the necks on Charvels and wolfs.

Lyle
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Lyle »

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by matman »

Yes, that definitely is the type of thing I was looking for!! Unfortunately we just found out last week that our house needs a full electrical re-wire which will pretty much skewer any major purchases for the forseable future :( :(