RectifiedAmps
Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 118 times

WTB: Strymon Flint

Post by RectifiedAmps »

Probably a long shot given how popular these are, but I’m interested if anyone has one they’d like to part with.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 2912 times

Re: WTB: Strymon Flint

Post by Molly »

RectifiedAmps wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:39 pm Probably a long shot given how popular these are, but I’m interested if anyone has one they’d like to part with.
I also want one because I've had two and sold them...

I'm a fucking idiot.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 550 times

Post by null_pointer »

Did that twice, third time I’ve nailed it to my board to dissuade future idiocy

Jellybelly
Gibson
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Jellybelly »

RectifiedAmps wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:39 pm Probably a long shot given how popular these are, but I’m interested if anyone has one they’d like to part with.
Pretty sure I have one here that is not being used at the moment. Fire us a Pm. I will have a double check in the morning :thumbup:

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 845 times
Been liked: 1149 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

I've had 3 and now want another one.
The child is grown, the dream is gone, I have become comfortably numb.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 694 times
Been liked: 1827 times

Post by Slowy »

Was thinking of swapping mine for a Blue Sky.
Remind me to hunt that thought down and shoot it.
If a man says he's going to fix it, he will.
No need to remind him every 6 months.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 946 times
Been liked: 1766 times

Post by GrantB »

sizzlingbadger wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:52 am I've had 3 and now want another one.
Why do people keep selling them though? Read other forums...it's the same thing. There's something to that. I think there's something a little sterile about the reverb, maybe that's it?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 4853 times
Been liked: 2628 times

Post by jeremyb »

GrantB wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:03 am
sizzlingbadger wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:52 am I've had 3 and now want another one.
Why do people keep selling them though? Read other forums...it's the same thing. There's something to that. I think there's something a little sterile about the reverb, maybe that's it?
The flint is probably the least sterilemon of their offerings :lol:
Cause I’m bigger than my body gives me credit for…

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2561 times
Been liked: 843 times

Post by codedog »

I don't think it was sterile. In fact, it was great and, I think much to its detriment, it just works! In the world of infinite tweakery and tone chasing, where's the fun in that?

StratMatt
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 575 times

Post by StratMatt »

I re-bought a Flint not long ago and I do seem to have fonder memories of how it sounded. I think that has something to do with the amp though. It used to run into the front of that 65amps London Pro which sounded great. Got it running into a DSL50 this time. Sounds just "good".

I did a/b it with the reverbs in my axe fx though and I prefer the Flint.
"It's called music theory, not music fact" - EVH

RectifiedAmps
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by RectifiedAmps »

For me, it’s alot to do with the tremolo-reverb combo. It’s hard to find a versatile tremolo pedal that does the swampy thing plus the cleaner stuttery sounds. I also love the ability to switch the reverb and trem order around, too. Most vintage amps have reverb then trem, but I usually prefer the opposite.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 687 times
Been liked: 500 times

Post by robthemac »

It's the stereo tremolo that I don't think I could replace. It's subtle but noticeable. I don't care that it isn't fully analogue or completely natural. Having three different kinds of tremolo also is great. I use them all frequently.

I am not the biggest fan of the spring reverb, but in a mix it's close enough. I like the plate and hall, but don't use them often.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Its because you know it well sell for good money straight away when you need the cash ;-)

I sold my last one because I bought a Katana that already had shit load off effects. Now I'm back to a real tube amp I want a Flint again.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 4853 times
Been liked: 2628 times

Post by jeremyb »

RectifiedAmps wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:16 am For me, it’s alot to do with the tremolo-reverb combo. It’s hard to find a versatile tremolo pedal that does the swampy thing plus the cleaner stuttery sounds. I also love the ability to switch the reverb and trem order around, too. Most vintage amps have reverb then trem, but I usually prefer the opposite.
I have one of these: https://www.jimdunlop.com/mxr-tremolo/ paired up with a Boss RV-6, was tempted by a flint but they are just two much money. and this is a way more versatile combination for my needs :)
Cause I’m bigger than my body gives me credit for…

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by sizzlingbadger »

jeremyb wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:38 am
RectifiedAmps wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:16 am For me, it’s alot to do with the tremolo-reverb combo. It’s hard to find a versatile tremolo pedal that does the swampy thing plus the cleaner stuttery sounds. I also love the ability to switch the reverb and trem order around, too. Most vintage amps have reverb then trem, but I usually prefer the opposite.
I have one of these: https://www.jimdunlop.com/mxr-tremolo/ paired up with a Boss RV-6, was tempted by a flint but they are just two much money. and this is a way more versatile combination for my needs :)
My amp has verb, so I'm very tempted by one of those too. Its the Harmonic tremolo that I love.