JordanDuder
Greg Bennet
Greg Bennet
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 1 time

WTB: Nylon String $300-900

Post by JordanDuder »

Hi there,

I am in the market for a nylon string acoustic that is in great condition. I am drawing a wide net here, it can be with or without electronics or cutaway.

I am in Southland so I am likely going to need a courier option.

Cheers,
Jordan

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 692 times
Been liked: 1824 times

Re: WTB: Nylon String $300-900

Post by Slowy »

Takamine make some good ones but my pick is Matsuoka. $900 should get you an M50. And no, you can't have mine.
If a man says he's going to fix it, he will.
No need to remind him every 6 months.

JordanDuder
Greg Bennet
Greg Bennet
Been liked: 1 time

Post by JordanDuder »

Slowy wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:01 pm Takamine make some good ones but my pick is Matsuoka. $900 should get you an M50. And no, you can't have mine.
Thanks mate, I've seen a few of those kicking around on Trademe before so I'll have a look out. Have you any experience with Cordoba or La Patrie? I'm looking to play mostly bossa nova and jazz so something good for chords is what I'm looking for.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 692 times
Been liked: 1824 times

Post by Slowy »

JordanDuder wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:05 pm
Slowy wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:01 pm Takamine make some good ones but my pick is Matsuoka. $900 should get you an M50. And no, you can't have mine.
Thanks mate, I've seen a few of those kicking around on Trademe before so I'll have a look out. Have you any experience with Cordoba or La Patrie? I'm looking to play mostly bossa nova and jazz so something good for chords is what I'm looking for.
No but La Patrie is Canadian if I've got it right. Part of the Godin group. If so, it will be great for the price. Maybe for your style you should be looking for a Flamenco guitar? Usually maple back and more snappy in character. Also, (forgive me, I have no idea how acquainted you are with these beasties) classical guitars tend to have flat fretboards which are a total embuggerance when it comes to chord work. If you're going to be playing Jazz chord melody on a Matsuoka M50, you will probably start to hate your life. So make fretboard radius a key consideration.

Ramirez make some really nice stuff too but you need to play them all. Feel is everything.
If a man says he's going to fix it, he will.
No need to remind him every 6 months.