Ashton
Ashton
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 72 times

WTB: Vintage P90's

Post by murky »

Cough.....

Really, reeeeeallllly, long shot, but wondering if anyone might have a set of vintage (early-late 50's) Gibson P90's sitting around that they might consider selling.....

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 946 times
Been liked: 1766 times

Re: WTB: Vintage P90's

Post by GrantB »

Just for fun...I did have a pair of late 50’s P90s purchased from Wellington a decade ago. They sat in an R4 that I sold. I still know who has it and can ask.

And as an aside I still have the cream covers if you find a need.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

murky
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by murky »

GrantB wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:30 pm Just for fun...I did have a pair of late 50’s P90s purchased from Wellington a decade ago. They sat in an R4 that I sold. I still know who has it and can ask.

How’d they sound in the R4? Better than modern aftermarket?

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 946 times
Been liked: 1766 times

Post by GrantB »

murky wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:11 pm
GrantB wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:30 pm Just for fun...I did have a pair of late 50’s P90s purchased from Wellington a decade ago. They sat in an R4 that I sold. I still know who has it and can ask.

How’d they sound in the R4? Better than modern aftermarket?
Not a huge difference. They were hotter which I liked but one can order that now from say Throbak or others. So not the mega tone hunt vibe one might have with PAFs for instance.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves