Greg Bennet
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Been liked: 1 time

Wanted: Cutaway Acoustic or Jazz Archtop

Post by JordanDuder »

Budget: $400-$1200

Courier: Yes as I live in Southland

Trademe Account for Reputation: jordanduder

Description: Steel string or Nylon with cutaway and preferably electronics (but not required).

Request: Please describe it - brand, model, condition, and preferably post pictures or direct me to where it can be seen.

Zaulkin
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 673 times
Been liked: 384 times

Re: Wanted: Cutaway Acoustic or Jazz Archtop

Post by Zaulkin »

There is a guy here selling a Gretsch 2420.

JordanDuder
Greg Bennet
Greg Bennet

Post by JordanDuder »

Zaulkin wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:28 pm There is a guy here selling a Gretsch 2420.
Cheers mate, I just sold an Electromatic Grestch but it was a semi-hollow. I'm not too keen on getting a Streamliner but good luck to him!

quyet
Squier
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 120 times

Post by quyet »

JordanDuder wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:42 pm
Zaulkin wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:28 pm There is a guy here selling a Gretsch 2420.
Cheers mate, I just sold an Electromatic Grestch but it was a semi-hollow. I'm not too keen on getting a Streamliner but good luck to him!
if you want an acoustic archtop, rockshop's godin 5th avenue acoustic for 1k is decent, nowhere near as loud as a carved top but I cannot dream of affording one and the random vintage ones around are often in less than desirable condition... the 5th avenue plays smooth like any electric geet and they said they will have a p90 version in soon for 1.3 too

JordanDuder
Greg Bennet
Greg Bennet

Post by JordanDuder »

quyet wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:53 pm if you want an acoustic archtop, rockshop's godin 5th avenue acoustic for 1k is decent, nowhere near as loud as a carved top but I cannot dream of affording one and the random vintage ones around are often in less than desirable condition... the 5th avenue plays smooth like any electric geet and they said they will have a p90 version in soon for 1.3 too
For 1k? The cheapest I am seeing is 2k. Is that an in-store deal? I'm in Southland so I'm out of luck there. I've seen a 5th Avenue on Trademe for 1k awhile ago and kicking myself that I didn't buy it.

quyet
Squier

Post by quyet »

JordanDuder wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:02 pm
quyet wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:53 pm if you want an acoustic archtop, rockshop's godin 5th avenue acoustic for 1k is decent, nowhere near as loud as a carved top but I cannot dream of affording one and the random vintage ones around are often in less than desirable condition... the 5th avenue plays smooth like any electric geet and they said they will have a p90 version in soon for 1.3 too
For 1k? The cheapest I am seeing is 2k. Is that an in-store deal? I'm in Southland so I'm out of luck there. I've seen a 5th Avenue on Trademe for 1k awhile ago and kicking myself that I didn't buy it.
auckland krd has the old black 5th avenue 1st edition still in their shop, been around for yonks i think, that's the one i played. if ur super keen i reckon they'd discount and send it down. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqISMdVTi2Q you can see a sound comparison here

vinylguy
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by vinylguy »

I Had a Godin 5th ave I imported from the US and something about the nut width and scale length just about killed my fretting hand...

yoggo
Greg Bennet
Greg Bennet
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by yoggo »

There’s an Ibanez AF105F archtop with a floating pickup on trademe at the moment - that would be my pick of what’s about at the moment.

quyet
Squier

Post by quyet »