Wanted: Jackson Audio Bloom

Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

User avatar
Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 8808
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:33 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 966 times
Contact:

Wanted: Jackson Audio Bloom

Post by Conway »

Anyone selling a Jackson Bloom?

User avatar
griff7628
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 1143
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:57 pm
Has liked: 363 times
Been liked: 127 times

Re: Wanted: Jackson Audio Bloom

Post by griff7628 »

This pedal looks badass!

User avatar
Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2433
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:57 pm
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 588 times

Re: Wanted: Jackson Audio Bloom

Post by Reg18 »

I had one briefly, the EQ and boost we’re really good! could never get the compressor side to disappear into the background without loosing feel and sparkle though. The parallel compressor was insane though, perfect for slide (which I don’t play much) it just went on forever! Ultimately my small brain coped much better with the 3 knobs on my diamond comp so I went back to that.

User avatar
Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 8808
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:33 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 966 times
Contact:

Re: Wanted: Jackson Audio Bloom

Post by Conway »

Reg18 wrote:I had one briefly, the EQ and boost we’re really good! could never get the compressor side to disappear into the background without loosing feel and sparkle though. The parallel compressor was insane though, perfect for slide (which I don’t play much) it just went on forever! Ultimately my small brain coped much better with the 3 knobs on my diamond comp so I went back to that.
Interesting. Cheers Reg. I’m still keen to give it a try.

User avatar
Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 965
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:44 am
Location: Dunedin
Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 228 times

Re: Wanted: Jackson Audio Bloom

Post by Dharmajester »

Fuck. I'd never heard of this pedal until I foolishly read this and did some further reading. Now I want one too. Aaargh!!!!!

User avatar
Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2433
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:57 pm
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 588 times

Re: Wanted: Jackson Audio Bloom

Post by Reg18 »

Conway wrote:
Reg18 wrote:I had one briefly, the EQ and boost we’re really good! could never get the compressor side to disappear into the background without loosing feel and sparkle though. The parallel compressor was insane though, perfect for slide (which I don’t play much) it just went on forever! Ultimately my small brain coped much better with the 3 knobs on my diamond comp so I went back to that.
Interesting. Cheers Reg. I’m still keen to give it a try.
I should have stated I’m not really a compressor guy, I don’t like any compressor that I can tell is there basically, and the diamond did that one thing better for me. The Bloom is a very powerful bit of kit and with a lot of different presets and tweak ability I’m sure anyone could get what they want out of it with some time.
I almost kept it for the EQ and boost alone, it was the perfect EQ for switching between guitars and trying to match levels and EQ.
It’s worth a go for sure, I’m still curious about the Cali 76 though and one day I might compare that to my diamond as well.

User avatar
KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2055
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:03 pm
Location: Orewa
Has liked: 1515 times
Been liked: 511 times

Re: Wanted: Jackson Audio Bloom

Post by KNNZ »

Complex pedals like the Bloom are perfect for Conway

User avatar
Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 8808
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:33 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 966 times
Contact:

Re: Wanted: Jackson Audio Bloom

Post by Conway »

KNNZ wrote:Complex pedals like the Bloom are perfect for Conway
Ah, thanks Keon. I think. :lol:

User avatar
Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 8808
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:33 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 966 times
Contact:

Re: Wanted: Jackson Audio Bloom

Post by Conway »

I guess I’m not afraid to put a bit of time and effort into getting what I want out of complex gear. Sometimes it pays off - like the Eventide H9 or Empress Zoia - but sometimes it doesn’t - Strymon big boxes, Helix...

User avatar
Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 965
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:44 am
Location: Dunedin
Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 228 times

Re: Wanted: Jackson Audio Bloom

Post by Dharmajester »

Reg18 wrote:
I should have stated I’m not really a compressor guy, I don’t like any compressor that I can tell is there basically, and the diamond did that one thing better for me. The Bloom is a very powerful bit of kit and with a lot of different presets and tweak ability I’m sure anyone could get what they want out of it with some time.
I almost kept it for the EQ and boost alone, it was the perfect EQ for switching between guitars and trying to match levels and EQ.
It’s worth a go for sure, I’m still curious about the Cali 76 though and one day I might compare that to my diamond as well.
Sorry to divert your thread Conway. I've had both the Original and later Jnr Diamond Comps and while I loved the tone and simplicity, they both introduced a percussive artifact at the front of every note. I had this too with a Diamond Vibrato I bought years ago but with the Vibe it was an acknowledged trait of the unit when used by heavy handed pickers. The distributor ( guitarparts ? ) sorted it with a mod by Diamond which removed the artifact but also to my ears spoiled the tone somewhat and I thought it tedious and ultimately pointless to go that route with the comps. Currently have a Cali76 which you can try next time you're down this way. Bloom looks great though as I do have a penchant for slide and love a spot of Lowell George etc..

User avatar
Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2433
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:57 pm
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 588 times

Re: Wanted: Jackson Audio Bloom

Post by Reg18 »

Dharmajester wrote:
Reg18 wrote:
I should have stated I’m not really a compressor guy, I don’t like any compressor that I can tell is there basically, and the diamond did that one thing better for me. The Bloom is a very powerful bit of kit and with a lot of different presets and tweak ability I’m sure anyone could get what they want out of it with some time.
I almost kept it for the EQ and boost alone, it was the perfect EQ for switching between guitars and trying to match levels and EQ.
It’s worth a go for sure, I’m still curious about the Cali 76 though and one day I might compare that to my diamond as well.
Sorry to divert your thread Conway. I've had both the Original and later Jnr Diamond Comps and while I loved the tone and simplicity, they both introduced a percussive artifact at the front of every note. I had this too with a Diamond Vibrato I bought years ago but with the Vibe it was an acknowledged trait of the unit when used by heavy handed pickers. The distributor ( guitarparts ? ) sorted it with a mod by Diamond which removed the artifact but also to my ears spoiled the tone somewhat and I thought it tedious and ultimately pointless to go that route with the comps. Currently have a Cali76 which you can try next time you're down this way. Bloom looks great though as I do have a penchant for slide and love a spot of Lowell George etc..
Our company has a new manager down that way now so I very rarely get to Dunedin these days. But appreciate the offer. I hadn’t noticed a percussive artifact on the notes but I’ll bet I notice it now you have mentioned it! Haha

User avatar
Conway
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 8808
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:33 pm
Location: Auckland
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 966 times
Contact:

Re: Wanted: Jackson Audio Bloom

Post by Conway »

Just on the Cali76, I found that it worked best as an end of pedal chain production spit and polish, rather than an up-front compressor. Similar to the Keeley Pro. The Jackson looks to work better near the start of the pedal chain.

User avatar
Dharmajester
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 965
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:44 am
Location: Dunedin
Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 228 times

Re: Wanted: Jackson Audio Bloom

Post by Dharmajester »

Conway wrote:Just on the Cali76, I found that it worked best as an end of pedal chain production spit and polish, rather than an up-front compressor. Similar to the Keeley Pro. The Jackson looks to work better near the start of the pedal chain.
I have it after wah and fuzz but before everything else ( running at 18v ) but I have a relatively small number of pedals. Works well , the counterintuitive controls notwithstanding. I had to watch a bunch of YT vids before it started to make sense ( not sure I"m 100% even now :wtf: )

User avatar
ReidySetGo
SX
SX
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:25 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Wanted: Jackson Audio Bloom

Post by ReidySetGo »

Someone's posted a Bloom on Trade Me unsure if it's a good price or not. https://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrum ... d8f489-001

User avatar
KNNZ
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Posts: 2055
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:03 pm
Location: Orewa
Has liked: 1515 times
Been liked: 511 times

Re: Wanted: Jackson Audio Bloom

Post by KNNZ »

It was a good price

Post Reply