Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY StrummersOfThunder
Got a big birthday for my brother in the not too distant future..
He has a silver strat fetish. Inca silver I think
Would like to hook him up with one. If anyone has one or heard of one around I'd love to know.
Cheers
BY Slowy
Just don't get the one with ANNIVERSARY printed on the bodies. They are truly awful.
BY AiRdAd
Robert cray strats are hard tail aren't they? Would he be happy without a trem if it's a hard tail?
BY Slowy
StrummersOfThunder wrote:looks like a pretty good option
- custom shop pickups
- 9.5 radius neck
Poly finish and gig bag are the only turn offs

That looks a good option.
I consider myself as snobby as anyone but I have 3 superb poly guitars; Baja Tele, G&L Legacy and Duesenberg Starplayer.
Truth is, I no longer believe Poly negatively affects sound to any significant extent. I do however believe it impairs an instrument's ability to naturally relic and for that I dislike it.
BY StrummersOfThunder
Slowy wrote:
StrummersOfThunder wrote:looks like a pretty good option
- custom shop pickups
- 9.5 radius neck
Poly finish and gig bag are the only turn offs

That looks a good option.
I consider myself as snobby as anyone but I have 3 superb poly guitars; Baja Tele, G&L Legacy and Duesenberg Starplayer.
Truth is, I no longer believe Poly negatively affects sound to any significant extent. I do however believe it impairs an instrument's ability to naturally relic and for that I dislike it.

Yeh thats my only dislike about it.
My brother has two hyperactive children around between the ages of 3-6 and his nick name is frank spencer. I dont think under-relicing will be an issue.
BY StrummersOfThunder
What case would you match with that?
Classic black interior vintage style tolex (black interior) job or one of them moulded ones (grey interior) ? Im thinkin the black interior will make it 'pop' in terms of first appraisal as a gift?
BY Slowy
StrummersOfThunder wrote:What case would you match with that?
Classic black interior vintage style tolex (black interior) job or one of them moulded ones (grey interior) ? Im thinkin the black interior will make it 'pop' in terms of first appraisal as a gift?

The classic style vintage case always demonstrates good taste and affection. :D
BY jeremyb
I get so anxious about perfect instruments, I was gutted when my perfect tele was dented by my nephew... Road worn nitro Strat however I feel so much better about having on display!!!! Need more of these kind of guitars in my life :)
BY Slowy
jeremyb wrote:I get so anxious about perfect instruments, I was gutted when my perfect tele was dented by my nephew... Road worn nitro Strat however I feel so much better about having on display!!!! Need more of these kind of guitars in my life :)

My Tele came off its strap on Thursday and hit the floor with a Gibson killing thud. So it now has its first ding. Really distressing thing was the G string was slightly flat.
BY olegmcnoleg
Slowy wrote:My Tele came off its strap on Thursday and hit the floor with a Gibson killing thud. So it now has its first ding. Really distressing thing was the G string was slightly flat.

My first attempt at parsing this led me believe that a Gibson had broken the fall of your Tele. Which is a great use for a Gibson IMHO.
BY Slowy
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Slowy wrote:My Tele came off its strap on Thursday and hit the floor with a Gibson killing thud. So it now has its first ding. Really distressing thing was the G string was slightly flat.

My first attempt at parsing this led me believe that a Gibson had broken the fall of your Tele. Which is a great use for a Gibson IMHO.

:lol: :lol: So now we know who has assumed Conway's mantle.
I love the look and idea of Gibsons; I just can't get comfortable with them. Every week, I play a couple of numbers with the 2018 Les Paul Traditional on the band room wall. It sounds great but it's such a struggle to play.