Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY hamo
WellyBlues wrote:Too ugly

Well it is a Tele...
BY Slowy
dayl wrote:Can people please use this thread to convince me there are nice teles?

All Teles are nice, but only in neck and middle positions. Tele Bridge however is different. It might give you a haircut at 50 paces. It may flay you with an avalanche of grit. It may simply punch your lights out with a sledgehammer blow but it will never be 'nice'. Church bells to wrecking ball at the flick of a switch.
Teles are purity and raw essence. There is nothing on them that is not required to get the job done yet for all their simplicity, they have a way of demanding everything a player has to offer and more.
With a Tele, there is nothing to hide behind so bring your A game or go home. They are quite simply the most awesome, inspiring, demanding guitars ever made.

And the more you beat them up, the better they get.

That's wot I think anyway. :D
BY robthemac
Yeah, I'm just not good enough to play a Tele. If I was starting to learn guitar again, I'd force myself to play on a Tele bridge pickup. I'd learn the importance of picking dynamics right quick.
BY dayl
Slowy wrote:
dayl wrote:Can people please use this thread to convince me there are nice teles?

All Teles are nice, but only in neck and middle positions. Tele Bridge however is different. It might give you a haircut at 50 paces. It may flay you with an avalanche of grit. It may simply punch your lights out with a sledgehammer blow but it will never be 'nice'. Church bells to wrecking ball at the flick of a switch.
Teles are purity and raw essence. There is nothing on them that is not required to get the job done yet for all their simplicity, they have a way of demanding everything a player has to offer and more.
With a Tele, there is nothing to hide behind so bring your A game or go home. They are quite simply, the most awesome, inspiring, demanding guitars ever made.

And the more you beat them up, the better they get.

That's wot I think anyway. :D

That was excellent. Consider my opinion changed.
BY Slowy
First band get together last night since the ex Molly Baja Tele arrived. It was really interesting to have 2 Bajas and a Mexican Tele loaded with Kinmans all playing together. I was a bit apprehensive but I needn't have worried. Different amps and fingers was all that was required. They sounded excellent and there was no crowding of sonic space at all.

The bass player's wine inspired re-naming us the Teletubbies was not so welcome however.
BY Conway
Slowy wrote:First band get together last night since the ex Molly Baja Tele arrived. It was really interesting to have 2 Bajas and a Mexican Tele loaded with Kinmans all playing together. I was a bit apprehensive but I needn't have worried. Different amps and fingers was all that was required. They sounded excellent and there was no crowding of sonic space at all.

The bass player's wine inspired re-naming us the Teletubbies was not so welcome however.

Were you Dipsy or La-La?
BY olegmcnoleg
I have a nice tele I'm not using, once I put it back together again.

MJT (USA) lightish relic body, MIJ Fender Tele neck+tuners, excellent pickups (neck is a TV Jones, rear is a Lion I think--I'll need to check). Has a bridge that works as a top loader or a rear loader, and it will come with either a US Bigsby or a Duesenberg trem (have not decided which yet). bridge saddles are circular & chrome plated to work better with a wobble-stick. I think it also has deluxe wiring kit (500k) of some kind, could be ToneLounge. Apologies for being vague, but I'm obviously too lazy today to get my screwdriver out. (Actually, I'm busy at work and taking a quick break.)
BY Bg
Conway wrote:
Slowy wrote:First band get together last night since the ex Molly Baja Tele arrived. It was really interesting to have 2 Bajas and a Mexican Tele loaded with Kinmans all playing together. I was a bit apprehensive but I needn't have worried. Different amps and fingers was all that was required. They sounded excellent and there was no crowding of sonic space at all.

Were you Dipsy or La-La?

Tipsy and la-la more like...
BY Slowy
Bg wrote:
Conway wrote:

Were you Dipsy or La-La?

Tipsy and la-la more like...

Yeah. This.
BY Bg
WellyBlues wrote:Tipsy and ga-ga?

I didn't want to cast aspersions on Slowly like that...
BY Slowy
WellyBlues wrote:Tipsy and ga-ga?

Exactly how I plan on departing this world.
BY Rog
‘Nice’ and ‘tele’ in the same sentence? The world has gone mad. Mad I tells ya!