Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY Gareth Hickey
Hi all, long time lurker first time poster. I'm getting back into electric guitar after a hiatus and in the market for a nice Telecaster, anyone holding? Based near Wellington if that means anything... Thanks :)
BY hamo
Can't help you, but welcome to non lurking. :D
BY Gareth Hickey
Hmmm yes, that is a tricky one. Probably US or Japan made, some age on it, played in and maybe a bit rough. Spend somewhere between $1 to $2k, but keeping my expectations in check for that value. Classic tele vibe sought
BY Slowy
Gareth Hickey wrote:Hmmm yes, that is a tricky one. Probably US or Japan made, some age on it, played in and maybe a bit rough. Spend somewhere between $1 to $2k, but keeping my expectations in check for that value. Classic tele vibe sought

Welcome, Ex Lurker. If you're prepared to compromise on the aged vibe I absolutely recommend the Fender Baja Tele. Right in your budget and seriously among the best playing and sounding Teles I've ever met. You can't have mine or my bandmate's, sorry.
BY Gareth Hickey
Slowy wrote:
Gareth Hickey wrote:Hmmm yes, that is a tricky one. Probably US or Japan made, some age on it, played in and maybe a bit rough. Spend somewhere between $1 to $2k, but keeping my expectations in check for that value. Classic tele vibe sought

Welcome, Ex Lurker. If you're prepared to compromise on the aged vibe I absolutely recommend the Fender Baja Tele. Right in your budget and seriously among the best playing and sounding Teles I've ever met. You can't have mine or my bandmate's, sorry.

Yes I have heard that these are great guitars, thanks for the recommendation. I'll certainly keep my eyes peeled
BY GrantB
Gareth Hickey wrote:Look at this beauty! Is there a random Trademe thread?
https://www.trademe.co.nz/2626230055

That's cool - I can sell you a proper USA Telecaster like this, in black, 72RI....in about 3 weeks time.

BY dayl
Can people please use this thread to convince me there are nice teles?
BY dayl
BY Jay
dayl wrote:Image

Too much hair, too many strings...