Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY bluesierra
Hey all.

So I find myself in Wellington with 14 Days of Self isolation to fill (before I can return to work in Hong Kong for another 14) So thought I would get into some pedalboard work.

Anyone have any Strymon Power supplies they don't need? Prefer the low profile but open to anything.

Hope this finds everyone happy and healthy. Strange times.
BY Molly
bluesierra wrote:Hey all.

So I find myself in Wellington with 14 Days of Self isolation to fill (before I can return to work in Hong Kong for another 14) So thought I would get into some pedalboard work.

Anyone have any Strymon Power supplies they don't need? Prefer the low profile but open to anything.

Can't help with the power supply. Have you just landed back?

Strange times indeed. Keeps popping into my head and interrupting day-to-day stuff. Wish the press would ease-off a bit, mind. There must be some positive progress to report instead of this endless 'end of the world' crap.
BY Terexgeek
Molly wrote:

Strange times indeed. Keeps popping into my head and interrupting day-to-day stuff. Wish the press would ease-off a bit, mind. There must be some positive progress to report instead of this endless 'end of the world' crap.

You could always cultivate your Spotify/YouTube music algorithm and listen to and like your favourite music so you get similar new stuff to hear.
BY Molly
Terexgeek wrote:
Molly wrote:

You could always cultivate your Spotify/YouTube music algorithm and listen to and like your favourite music so you get similar new stuff to hear.

My Spotify account is stuffed since my daughter started hijacking it. I now get suggestions of 'young person' music which is invariably horrible. On the plus side, she might get to like Neil Young.
BY Terexgeek
Molly wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:
Molly wrote:

My Spotify account is stuffed since my daughter started hijacking it. I now get suggestions of 'young person' music which is invariably horrible. On the plus side, she might get to like Neil Young.

Yeah, I'm now on YouTube music for that exact reason, I already had a YouTube premium account and it was free with that.

Spotify is slightly better in terms of usability, but YouTube music sneaks in Video audio to cover where the artist has removed the rights for streaming the audio track. YouTube music has a lot more to listen to.
BY hamo
Terexgeek wrote:
Molly wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:You could always cultivate your Spotify/YouTube music algorithm and listen to and like your favourite music so you get similar new stuff to hear.

Yeah, I'm now on YouTube music for that exact reason, I already had a YouTube premium account and it was free with that.

Spotify is slightly better in terms of usability, but YouTube music sneaks in Video audio to cover where the artist has removed the rights for streaming the audio track. YouTube music has a lot more to listen to.

I'd be tempted to switch for that reason, but we've got the family plan with Spotify, and it would be an uphill battle to get them to change.
BY Terexgeek
hamo wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:
Molly wrote:

I'd be tempted to switch for that reason, but we've got the family plan with Spotify, and it would be an uphill battle to get them to change.

No, you don't get it, you switch not the whanau. If they switch, the algorithm fills with Billie Ellish and Dua Lipa... again.
BY Molly
Terexgeek wrote:
hamo wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:Yeah, I'm now on YouTube music for that exact reason, I already had a YouTube premium account and it was free with that.

No, you don't get it, you switch not the whanau. If they switch, the algorithm fills with Billie Ellish and Dua Lipa... again.

I heard a Billie Ellish (sp?) song on BrianFM the other day and liked it. Reminded me of 'Olive' from the 90s.
BY bluesierra
Molly wrote:

Well I arrived back from Hong Kong on 4th and at that stage didn’t need to isolate. Then I went to Fiji with the missus for 5 days and got told when I got back that I had to isolate for 2 more days until it had been 14 days since I was in Hong Kong. That was just about up and the rules changed and I got 14 more for being in the islands! When that is up it’ll be back to HK for another 14, assuming I can get back.

At least we are in our home and have friends and family to bring us supplies. People have it worse.
BY hamo
Terexgeek wrote:
hamo wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:Yeah, I'm now on YouTube music for that exact reason, I already had a YouTube premium account and it was free with that.

Can't afford to pay for both. It's ok though, everyone gets their own account so I don't get the kids stuff on mine.
BY WellyBlues
You'll probably need to leave that Tele in your avatar in Welly so I'll take one for the team and look after it for you.
BY bluesierra
WellyBlues wrote:You'll probably need to leave that Tele in your avatar in Welly so I'll take one for the team and look after it for you.

Ha. A kind offer. Unfortunately it's residing in Hong Kong and waiting for me there!