Wanted ads

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY MattH
Anyone got any lying around they'll sell cheap?

McPherson have some for $9, but postage is $6, which seems a bit steep. I probably only need about half a metre's worth.

Either that or an alternative source?
BY MattH
robthemac wrote:Hammer Hardware down the road from me sell it for $2/metre. Only an inch wide though.

Cheers. That don't matter. I'll just two strips!

:)

I wasn't sure if the stuff from the DIY shop was any good, but it's probably cheap enough for a punt.
BY foal30
robthemac wrote:Hammer Hardware down the road from me sell it for $2/metre. Only an inch wide though.

No need to brag mate.
BY Kris
the adhesive backed stuff is pretty useless, if its generic hardware store tm stuff.The pedal specific stuff is way better in that regard.one of the bonuses of using ply wood for your board is you can just staple cheap stuff on.
BY Delayman
Kris wrote:the adhesive backed stuff is pretty useless, if its generic hardware store tm stuff.The pedal specific stuff is way better in that regard.one of the bonuses of using ply wood for your board is you can just staple cheap stuff on.

I agree with this. A friend did his board with hardware store stuff and ended up with a tossed salad of pedals when the adhesive gave up in transit to a gig.
BY Timoes
I get it off the local upolestry shop. Industrial strength adhesive back. 5 star.
BY Bg
Best stuff I've bought, and best value, was from para rubber
BY MakoGat
Ive got tons of mushroom type pedalboard tape $25 p/m + courier, sticks to itself, if you dont want a pedal salad, use this stuff!
BY MattH
MakoGat wrote:Ive got tons of mushroom type pedalboard tape $25 p/m + courier, sticks to itself, if you dont want a pedal salad, use this stuff!

Thanks. I'm just gobsmacked by the cost of this stuff. I popped down to the local Spotlight. They had nothing to be honest. I bought some from McPherson. After postage, it was $15 for 30cm of hook only. I had to buy it because of time constraints, but I found some Pedaltrain stuff for about $30 for 10 feet which I'll probably grab for spares. I'm always cycling through pedals these days so I'm bound to need it.
BY MakoGat
Velcro type products are expensive whether its from Bunnings, Spotlight or music stores <---- except for the high quality stuff, these are fine for home use, light gigging. Experience tells me that over time the adhesive can fail, the loops cant cope with or will fail with the weight of pedals being carried around or replacing pedals now and again.
If it works for you, thats great!

For others, if you add up the value of the pedals on your board, the reduced risk of damage, failure of velcro causing pulling / failure / faults of power and patch leads while gigging etc. The mushroom type is added security for those that need it.
BY MattH
MakoGat wrote:Velcro type products are expensive whether its from Bunnings, Spotlight or music stores <---- except for the high quality stuff, these are fine for home use, light gigging. Experience tells me that over time the adhesive can fail, the loops cant cope with or will fail with the weight of pedals being carried around or replacing pedals now and again.
If it works for you, thats great!

For others, if you add up the value of the pedals on your board, the reduced risk of damage, failure of velcro causing pulling / failure / faults of power and patch leads while gigging etc. The mushroom type is added security for those that need it.

I kind of hear you. The Spotlight stuff was useless to be honest. Still, I think there's a middle ground and I've only ever had good experiences with the stuff the comes with Pedaltrain boards. Admittedly, I use a hardcase which I also pack with leads and a few bits and pieces, so there's little chance of anything sliding around - velcro or not.

YMMV I think.
BY Kris
i got some heavy duty stuff from bunnings in the weekend,seems really good as ive used it for the panel fronts on a few of my amps
.glue is sticky as.