Tele/firebird hybrid

ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules
ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2353 times
Been liked: 469 times

Re: Tele/firebird hybrid

Post by Cdog »

I remember that Standard. It was a great sounding guitar :)

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 215 times
Been liked: 900 times

Post by Reg18 »

Cdog wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:36 pm I remember that Standard. It was a great sounding guitar :)
It was a nice guitar, those 90s Gibson’s in hind site seem
To be well regarded.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 823 times
Been liked: 2069 times

Post by Slowy »

Reg18 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:56 am
HackSaw wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:37 am
Reg18 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:50 pm

However it’s fallen into no man’s land now I have some other guitars.

Should I sell this?
I vaguely remember the build thread of this, epic.

No, sell your “other guitars”.
Well if I didn’t buy an actual Gibson I could probably afford to keep it. There’s another motive here which might need some explaining, around 10 years ago I had to sell my favourite Les Paul Standard to keep the mortgage paid (young family etc) which id do again in a heart beat if needed. however I said to wife I’d love to buy another actual Gibson (or other higher end guitar) back by the time im 40, and we all agreed if we could afford to that’s what I’d do. So there’s a little bit of me that might not be satisfied if I didn’t get the real thing in the next year.
Here’s a pic of that Les Paul and a much younger thinner me!
You need the Telebird gone; you've just told us why. That's what I think.

Now; blowing all my credibility, I could imagine pushing the possibilities of the Tele and ending up there. And thinking about it causes tumescence. I'd love to play that!
"We were playing so loud that just one note on the guitar was sufficient".
Ritchie Blackmore.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

After playing with all my guitars back to back today a few things became apparent, my Custom hollow body Jag is inspiring and feels alive to play, and it’s even more alive after the stainless steel fret job recently! my Tele/Firebird is also a great guitar which has a nice fat neck and very easy to play, let alone the vast array of tones achievable with such a versatile guitar. I don’t think I can part with it.
Might have to keep saving or dial back my expectations to a Les Paul copy maybe.

Anyone have first experience with the Vintage V100?

Thewilltopowerrock
Vintage Pun Junkie
Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by Thewilltopowerrock »

Don’t settle for a copy, even if it means missing the 40th mark.

codedog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2965 times
Been liked: 953 times

Post by codedog »

Reg18 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:27 pm Anyone have first experience with the Vintage V100?
Yeah. I had the Peter Green one. It's fine/ok-ish... but, if your mind is set on a high end guitar, or even a certain headstock, don't go there. I found it uninspiring. It does kinda imply my inspiration may come from different sources than yours, but I suspect they're somewhat similar. I suspect you may as well wait for the right one for you.

Also, my Vintage one was a proper boat anchor. The Titanic would not have needed an iceberg to sink it if it had one of these!

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

codedog wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:05 pm
Reg18 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:27 pm Anyone have first experience with the Vintage V100?
Yeah. I had the Peter Green one. It's fine/ok-ish... but, if your mind is set on a high end guitar, or even a certain headstock, don't go there. I found it uninspiring. It does kinda imply my inspiration may come from different sources than yours, but I suspect they're somewhat similar. I suspect you may as well wait for the right one for you.

Also, my Vintage one was a proper boat anchor. The Titanic would not have needed an iceberg to sink it if it had one of these!
Hmm yeah I was wondering if they are all
Heavy or it’s just the ones I’ve tried but sounds like it’s all of them. Think I might keep saving or pursue the custom build option.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Reg18 »

codedog wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:05 pm

Hmm yeah I was wondering if they are all
Heavy or it’s just the ones I’ve tried but sounds like it’s all of them. Think I might keep saving or pursue the custom build option.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2250 times
Been liked: 3443 times

Post by Bg »

yeah I had the greeny, found it to be quite good. Didn't keep it though so not that good... don't have any memory of it other than I had it for awhile.

My new (to me) LP however, looks great! I've flipped the magnet and turned the pup around full on Hammet LP stylez! Wish I could play it for longer than 20 mins.
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Mosfet
Greg Bennet
Greg Bennet
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Mosfet »

Good to hear you’re keeping the Tele. Gotta keep the good ones. That Jag is next level