FS: Strymon Flint

ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules
ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
Jake
Fender
Fender
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 113 times

FS: Strymon Flint

Post by Jake »

Excellent condition with box, velcro on back. $450 shipped?

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2722 times
Been liked: 3212 times

Re: FS: Strymon Flint

Post by Molly »

You'll regret it. Everybody regrets selling their Flint.

Jake
Fender
Fender

Post by Jake »

Molly wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:43 am You'll regret it. Everybody regrets selling their Flint.
Quite possibly - haven't been using the reverb since my amp has a nice one built in, and just picked up a rather nice trem so for now it's superfluous

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 845 times
Been liked: 734 times

Post by robthemac »

Don't sell it! If your amp has a nice reverb, try running the Flint's reverb before it but with very different character. Sounds epic, even at a really subtle mix.

E.g. my Mesa has a dark spring reverb with a long decay time. I run the Flint as a bright plate with a very short decay time, it's all sorts of loveliness. Gotta turn down the mixes on both (e.g. Flint at 10 o'clock, amp at 9 o'clock).

Jake
Fender
Fender

Post by Jake »

robthemac wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:50 am Don't sell it! If your amp has a nice reverb, try running the Flint's reverb before it but with very different character. Sounds epic, even at a really subtle mix.

E.g. my Mesa has a dark spring reverb with a long decay time. I run the Flint as a bright plate with a very short decay time, it's all sorts of loveliness. Gotta turn down the mixes on both (e.g. Flint at 10 o'clock, amp at 9 o'clock).
That does sound fun... trying to responsible and free up some funds before xmas but you guys are making it hard (hi JB)

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2722 times
Been liked: 3212 times

Post by Molly »

Hmm. I get that and you've got to do what you've got to do. Gear guilt is something we all get. I just sold an amp and dumped the money straight into the renovation fund. Had to be done.

sunburster
Squier
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by sunburster »

For some silly reason I sold my Flint earlier in the year. Less than a week later I bought a new one, and this time I'm keeping it. I learned my lesson! It's actually the only pedal I've re-bought after selling it.

Jake
Fender
Fender

Post by Jake »

sold pending payment

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 5598 times
Been liked: 3004 times

Post by jeremyb »

I think my record is 3 times for sellers regret and buying again… am also keeping my flint :lol:
Birds aren’t real.

MogwaiBoy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by MogwaiBoy »

I learned once with my BlueSky. "I got a BigSky now, I don't need the BlueSky" - sigh, such naivete :D

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1166 times
Been liked: 949 times

Post by Olderama »

Molly wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:18 am Hmm. I get that and you've got to do what you've got to do. Gear guilt is something we all get. I just sold an amp and dumped the money straight into the renovation fund. Had to be done.
:winky:
Attachments
5xnx1j.jpg
5xnx1j.jpg (51.67 KiB) Viewed 199 times
:mental: