Hngh. Maybe not FS: Magnatone Twilighter 112 Combo

ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules
ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 2733 times
Been liked: 3223 times

Hngh. Maybe not FS: Magnatone Twilighter 112 Combo

Post by Molly »

I know.... I know... Quite conflicted. This is the sort of money it's easy to lose in a motorbike trade. And since I've no other GAS it'll likely melt away into the reno or an ill-considered bike. But it doesn't get the same use as the 'Americana Personified' tones of the Carr Mercury, or the 'All the Marshalls' tones of the Friedman Small Box. It's a beautiful thing, beautifully made, that sounds beautiful. So I should just keep it, eh? And I can't be doing with the shipping drama either. So I should just keep it. And I'd never find another. Not at this price. So I should just keep it. But still....

Magnatone Twilighter. As minty fresh and new as two big bags of minty fresh things. Here's Danish Pete losing his load over one:

$3,250 plus shipping (which I understand is half what it'd cost new). $100 of that will go to the forum. I'll make you a wee video to show it's in full working order, take pics of the packing process / standard, and send with your courier of choice (provided your courier of choice is Courier Post). But if it gets utterly munted in the journey you won't see me for dust. By that I mean I'd really rather the buyer collected it. Never had an amp shipment go pear-shaped but there's always a first time. In short, I don't want to take the risk but you're welcome to.

ad.jpg
ad.jpg (42.94 KiB) Viewed 660 times

I really should just keep it, eh?
Last edited by Molly on Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 355 times
Been liked: 886 times

Re: FS: Magnatone Twilighter 112 Combo

Post by bender »

Oh man, please let me know if you ever want to sell the Carr Mercury! I've had epic GAS for one of those for a loooooooong time.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

bender wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:08 am Oh man, please let me know if you ever want to sell the Carr Mercury! I've had epic GAS for one of those for a loooooooong time.
Hand on heart, for the tones I want it's the best amp I've ever had. It'd never be loud enough for a gig and there's nothing you could footswitch but for home / recording it's wonderful. I bought a Power Station for that imaginary time when I'm in a band and need to make it louder.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1150 times
Been liked: 2094 times

Post by GrantB »

That Les Paul sounds so good through it in that clip...
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

GrantB wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:00 pm That Les Paul sounds so good through it in that clip...
Perhaps the answer would be to just buy a Les Paul. I think you're on to something there.... ;-)

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1150 times
Been liked: 2094 times

Post by GrantB »

Molly wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:02 pm
GrantB wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:00 pm That Les Paul sounds so good through it in that clip...
Perhaps the answer would be to just buy a Les Paul. I think you're on to something there.... ;-)
Of course that's the right option.

Or you could go down the speaker swapping rabbit hole.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 260 times

Post by Voxshall »

I want this amp so bad even though I don't need it, what's with the powered footswitch? Can I still plug the footswitch cable and control it with a Gigrig G3 switcher?

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Voxshall wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:42 pm I want this amp so bad even though I don't need it, what's with the powered footswitch? Can I still plug the footswitch cable and control it with a Gigrig G3 switcher?
It's just a TRS cable. The battery powers the LEDs. The trem light flashes at the rate of the trem.

Jellybelly
PRS
PRS
Has liked: 334 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Jellybelly »

Demos online do not do this amp justice. It is an absolute beaut.

IMOCD
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 173 times

Post by IMOCD »

Must...resist........must.........resist. Have to keep telling myself I don't need 22 watts. That vibrato, though......... :🤤

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Molly »

Jellybelly wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:11 pm Demos online do not do this amp justice. It is an absolute beaut.
I listened to the recording I did on my phone. Didn't begin to do it justice.

IMOCD wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:55 pm Must...resist........must.........resist. Have to keep telling myself I don't need 22 watts. That vibrato, though......... :🤤
It's now or never... ;-)

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 823 times
Been liked: 2069 times

Post by Slowy »

Buy that amp and I'd absolutely need a Les Paul.....
"We were playing so loud that just one note on the guitar was sufficient".
Ritchie Blackmore.

robthemac
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 851 times
Been liked: 738 times

Post by robthemac »

Voxshall wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:42 pm I want this amp so bad even though I don't need it, what's with the powered footswitch? Can I still plug the footswitch cable and control it with a Gigrig G3 switcher?
Do it Jamie. I want this to be in the right island.

Voxshall
Gibson
Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 260 times

Post by Voxshall »

robthemac wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:07 pm
Do it Jamie. I want this to be in the right island.
I know, this amp would be perfect as the wet amp in a wet/dry setup, but I've found my dream Les Paul and I'm waiting to hear back on it.

Danger Mouse
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 575 times

Post by Danger Mouse »

Molly wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:02 pm
Then you wouldn't have to make a video of you weeing, which I'm sure jb would enjoy, but maybe not the rest of us.
The older I get, the more disappointed in myself I become.